Custom neckplate

DangerousR6 said:
Duuuuuuuude that rocks........ :rock-on:

Lets see the rest of it.......

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

It's a little darker and glossier now that I've applied some Tru-oil on top of the tung oil.

dbw said:
DangerousR6 said:
Duuuuuuuude that rocks........ :rock-on:

Lets see the rest of it.......

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2372.0

It's a little darker and glossier now that I've applied some Tru-oil on top of the tung oil.
Oh yea, i remember it now......Is that an optical illusion or are the pick up rings way low . it looks like you solid mounted them, but put rings on anyway ???

Doug, as the first person to install a "W" neckplate, I have a suggestion... put a little bit of radius on the circled points below... it doesn't seem to affect my playing but sure it tears up a polishing cloth.

Edit: I used the thin metal humbucker rings... the pickups stick up quite a bit.  I'm thinking of getting some taller ones to go underneath.

dbw said:
Doug, as the first person to install a "W" neckplate, I have a suggestion... put a little bit of radius on the circled points below... it doesn't seem to affect my playing but sure it tears up a polishing cloth.

Edit: I used the thin metal humbucker rings... the pickups stick up quite a bit.  I'm thinking of getting some taller ones to go underneath.
I've already done that, after the first couple i realized that it was some extremely sharp point. So i went back and added a radius to those points....
2393769411_39770fd5ac.jpg

Hey Thats not fair.... :(....I was the first one to actually place an order, but you guys got yours first.  Rubbish.  But then again I do live in the UK, and I'm in Belize at the moment.  I guess I'll let you off for being the winners.  :icon_tongue:

jimh said:
Hey Thats not fair.... :(....I was the first one to actually place an order, but you guys got yours first.  Rubbish.  But then again I do live in the UK, and I'm in Belize at the moment.  I guess I'll let you off for being the winners.  :icon_tongue:
Kostas is on your side of he planet, he's in Greece.... :icon_biggrin:

Dangerous made my neckplate for me - I don't have it yet but here's the picture. I think it looks perfect. Thanks man! :hello2:

2408233009_333960947d.jpg

GoDrex said:
Dangerous made my neckplate for me - I don't have it yet but here's the picture. I think it looks perfect. Thanks man! :hello2:

2408233009_333960947d.jpg

You're certainly welcome man. I radiused the points, since sharp points have a tndency to destroy polishing cloths. But it turned out spot on cause the inside cut has radii anyway from the cutter...

is it going on the "Paul" you just got? :headbang1:

No, actually I have chrome hardware, but I have a black headstock and the PW tuners have black on them. I think it will go. Not everything has to match perfectly for me anyway. I actually kind of felt that the black plate would look better and after I made my order I wanted to change to black, just to not have this shiny chrome neck plate on the back. But you hardly ever see the back anyway. I just think having my initials on it makes it a little more personal for me.

Heh  - and if by some weird chance it looks terrible I'll stick in on my neck one hehehe. :toothy12:

GoDrex said:
No, actually I have chrome hardware, but I have a black headstock and the PW tuners have black on them. I think it will go. Not everything has to match perfectly for me anyway. I actually kind of felt that the black plate would look better and after I made my order I wanted to change to black, just to not have this shiny chrome neck plate on the back. But you hardly ever see the back anyway. I just think having my initials on it makes it a little more personal for me.

:icon_thumright:

Just thought I'd put a pic of a black plate with the "W" on it, this one's guitlouie's... :toothy11:
2410853647_cbc9322531.jpg

Dangerous is d'man.
I just got back from being overseas and my plate arrived at work while I was away.  Picked it up today.  Cool as a cool thing.  I'll stick it on the guitar and post pics when I get home.

Jim

Insane ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

You ain't seen nothing yet.
I don't know why but I do tend to pull odd faces when having my photo taken, even when I take it myself.  .  I guess it's cos I find it funny, even though I often end up looking mental.  My friend's wife wasn't too pleased when I look bonkers in most of their wedding photos (though not the professional ones, I might add)

jimh said:
Sorry Nonsense, you cant buy what I've got.  I was born with it......
Lunacy and insanity are both inherited traits.....Of which my family has generations of......
runaway.gif

Back