Custom neckplate

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
You're getting some pretty good mileage out of the smaller W.   :icon_biggrin:
Looks that way, getting kinda catchy. I guess in a way it's a have your cake and eat it too sorta deal..... :dontknow: But I don't care, if that's what peeps wants peeps gets... :party07:

It's all good...Hmmm, I wonder where that came from, chunk-e?

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
You're getting some pretty good mileage out of the smaller W.  :icon_biggrin:
Looks that way, getting kinda catchy. I guess in a way it's a have your cake and eat it too sorta deal..... :dontknow: But I don't care, if that's what peeps wants peeps gets... :party07:

It's all good...Hmmm, I wonder where that came from, chunk-e?
:laughing7:

PanicProject your oders up....One hot skull plate with a side of PP's..... :laughing11:
2694645014_4a190b6f46.jpg

Why thank you John. Say when you gonna post a pic with your.... :dontknow:
[/quote]

Sorry Doug, I am very easily distracted - I am spraying the clear coat late next week hopefully and will have the neck bolted on a week after that (once all the electronics are actually in) I will have a billion photos posted once its all together.

The guitar has such a crazy paint job - the plate really complements it. Another cool bit, the artist (Carrie Stuart) has that tattoo at the bottom of her neck, as will the guitar.

Johnhamdun said:
Why thank you John. Say when you gonna post a pic with your.... :dontknow:

Sorry Doug, I am very easily distracted - I am spraying the clear coat late next week hopefully and will have the neck bolted on a week after that (once all the electronics are actually in) I will have a billion photos posted once its all together.

The guitar has such a crazy paint job - the plate really complements it. Another cool bit, the artist (Carrie Stuart) has that tattoo at the bottom of her neck, as will the guitar.
[/quote]Ahhhhhhh, didn't realize the guitar still had to be finished. Ya I remember you saying she has that tattoo. Seen a car yeaterday with a big 'ol "aum" sticker on the rear window.

DangerousR6 said:
This could be the icon for the check out.... :icon_biggrin:

Haha, I like it. Have you ever done a website before?

Also, so you have a little idea of the nature of the build that your plate is going on, here is a pic taken after the first day of painting.
2697798392_c4de185c01_o.jpg

It is the Atlanta skyline. The colors now continue all the way around on the back until they meet up at the trem routing. The routing has been painted black and will have a clear cover on it (the chrome trem springs on a black background look awesome with your plate above it).

This is the neck that is going on it (clear gloss finish with chrome planet wave locking tuners)
2678752592_037acf73bc_o.jpg

I will post final photos when I'm through. It has potential to be one of the most unique guitars on the board, but I'd imagine it will still be a long way down that list.

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:
This could be the icon for the check out.... :icon_biggrin:

Haha, I like it. Have you ever done a website before?

Also, so you have a little idea of the nature of the build that your plate is going on, here is a pic taken after the first day of painting.
2697798392_c4de185c01_o.jpg

It is the Atlanta skyline. The colors now continue all the way around on the back until they meet up at the trem routing. The routing has been painted black and will have a clear cover on it (the chrome trem springs on a black background look awesome with your plate above it).

This is the neck that is going on it (clear gloss finish with chrome planet wave locking tuners)
2678752592_037acf73bc_o.jpg

I will post final photos when I'm through. It has potential to be one of the most unique guitars on the board, but I'd imagine it will still be a long way down that list.
Wowo... :eek: Dude that's looks like it's going to be killer. Looks like an Aztec Indian design. Is that neck maple/kingwood....or maple/brazillian rosewood..

Only done bits and pieces of a website, I had one along time ago. It was a free one offered by excite, but my skillZ weren't as honed as today and i got board with it..

DangerousR6 said:
Wowo... :eek: Dude that's looks like it's going to be killer. Looks like an Aztec Indian design. Is that neck maple/kingwood....or maple/brazillian rosewood..

Only done bits and pieces of a website, I had one along time ago. It was a free one offered by excite, but my skillZ weren't as honed as today and i got board with it..

Thanks man, I'm incredibly excited about it (as I am sure everyone here was when their first build was coming together). And yeah, I thought the first ten colors definitely have an "aztec" vibe to them. I said something very similar when she first did it. And yeah, that's Brazilian Rosewood (showcase). I was really excited to pick up such an unusual piece. Would have liked MOP inlays but I can replace those later pretty easily.

If you decide you actually want to put one together and want a bit of help on it I would be glad to pitch in, that's actually how I am paying for the guitar as of right now.

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

Thanks man, I'm incredibly excited about it (as I am sure everyone here was when their first build was coming together). And yeah, I thought the first ten colors definitely have an "aztec" vibe to them. I said something very similar when she first did it. And yeah, that's Brazilian Rosewood (showcase). I was really excited to pick up such an unusual piece. Would have liked MOP inlays but I can replace those later pretty easily.

If you decide you actually want to put one together and want a bit of help on it I would be glad to pitch in, that's actually how I am paying for the guitar as of right now.
Cool man thanks for the offer, if I decide I really want to put one together i'll give you a shout.. That really is a nice board on that neck, I was talked out of a beautiful mahog/brazillian rosewood by my wife. She picked out a mahog/ziricote, which is a beautiful neck. So don't listen to anyone when choosing your parts, especially women, go with the gut feeling....

DangerousR6 said:
Cool man thanks for the offer, if I decide I really want to put one together i'll give you a shout.. That really is a nice board on that neck, I was talked out of a beautiful mahog/brazillian rosewood by my wife. She picked out a mahog/ziricote, which is a beautiful neck. So don't listen to anyone when choosing your parts, especially women, go with the gut feeling....

In her defense, Ziricote has some of the most incredible figuring I have seen on any wood Warmoth offers. How does it feel?! I have been looking at it with some interest for my next project...

Johnhamdun said:
DangerousR6 said:

In her defense, Ziricote has some of the most incredible figuring I have seen on any wood Warmoth offers. How does it feel?! I have been looking at it with some interest for my next project...
Oh, it's pretty friggin' sweet, no doubt. I really do love it, smooth as silk. Haven't got to play on it yet, as my  tele isn't done. Looking closely at it resembles rosewood as far as the grain pores, but the figuring is most excellent.....ala Bill&Ted...

`Dangerous, got a question for you. If you were to get a strat tremolo bridge (vintage 6 hole) and remove the saddles/block, could you engrave on that?

Ive got this idea of a bridge not too disimerlar to this el dorado tele offering (not as detailed). Then maybe use a little etchant solution just till it starts to dull a little.

You reckon this sounds feasable in theory?

Back