Custom neckplate

Tough to be certain at the angle of that shot, but if I had to guess I'd say they were Babicz saddles.

138791_3600x3600_500.jpg

They're nice. I have a Babicz vibrato bridge on one of my Jazzmasters that uses those saddles, and they work well. Can't say if there was any improvement in sound/sustain as I never had anything else on that guitar to compare to, but as installed they leave nothing to be desired and are very comfortable to play on. Only downside to them is they're pretty pricey for something made in Taiwan. Set of saddles will set you back $120+, even on eBay. Oddly enough, the whole bridge assembly including saddles is only a bit more than that.

Cagey said:
They're nice. I have a Babicz vibrato bridge on one of my Jazzmasters that uses those saddles, and they work well. Can't say if there was any improvement in sound/sustain as I never had anything else on that guitar to compare to, but as installed they leave nothing to be desired and are very comfortable to play on. Only downside to them is they're pretty pricey for something made in Taiwan. Set of saddles will set you back $120+, even on eBay. Oddly enough, the whole bridge assembly including saddles is only a bit more than that.
Nothing can compare sustain wise to the brass bridge... :toothy12:

Yeah, the one you made me for that Tele I put it on is almost eerie how loud and long the strings ring.

Cagey said:
Yeah, the one you made me for that Tele I put it on is almost eerie how loud and long the strings ring.
I wonder what it would sound like with brass saddles to?  :guitarplayer2:

Dunno. I suspect it might be a bit harsh, but that might not be a bad thing. Filters exist.

Lotta brass baseplates out there (Hipshot is big on them, for example), but I can't recall any brass saddles.

I was surprised to learn earlier that Babicz's saddles are mostly aluminum.

I just remembered - these Wilkinson roller bridges are brass...

thumbnail.asp

Although it seems I read somewhere that the rollers were stainless.

I have one of those on the guitar in my sig. Works well, but nothing stands out sonically. Could be because it's mounted on posts instead of flush to the body.

Back