Custom GD Gold Top

OH MY GOD  - small thing, but HE PUT THE FARGIN' BRIDGE ON BACKWARD AGAIN!! HOLY CHRIST LORD JESUS SAVE ME NOW I'M GONNA GO JUMP OFF A TREE!!!

I guess he did do something since I had to flip the bridge around the last time. THE GUY PLAYS BACKWARDS AND DOES ALL OF HIS GUITAR WORK BACKWARD!!

HOW DOES HE KEEP HIS JOB AT MARTIN?!?!

Huahahahahahahahaha looks like he has a problem about had to learn the guitar backward/be lefty  :laughing7:

About the strings, they need to be the same distance from each other (center line of string)... So, nothing use his traumas as the gulty factor

Unbelievable, Gary.  Be careful of that check.  If it bounces, your bank will charge you.  Maybe he does his side work after hours, while imbibing.

So I'm not sure what to do now. I looked into making my own nuts - but this is not something I plan to do again, so for instance buying the nut kit from Stew Mac just seems like a waste since even if I am able to make a nut, I'll most likely never use the tools again.

I've been looking for other places to take it and I can't find any.

I think what I'm going to do is order a few pre-slotted TUSQ nuts from Graphtech - and hope that I can get one of them to play nice on my guitar. I do have some nut files and I can compare the mamoth cock to these tusq ones to get the size of it down, since he did do a good job in that respect.

Maybe someday my 2 year old will find a place to get the guitar up to snuff - after I'm dead. Hahahaha. :toothy12:

I'll do it for you. Mail me your neck, three blank shaped bone nuts from Stew mac, and a bottle of wine. I can mount it to something else to fine-tune itt. I'm about to order the last few parts I need to do that job anyhow, so that I can make a nut for my Guild, so that gives me another reason to use the tools. pm if interested.

tfarny said:
I'll do it for you. Mail me your neck, three blank shaped bone nuts from Stew mac, and a bottle of wine. I can mount it to something else to fine-tune itt. I'm about to order the last few parts I need to do that job anyhow, so that I can make a nut for my Guild, so that gives me another reason to use the tools. pm if interested.

I may take you up on that if I fail again. Thanks for the offer. :)

Seriously, get someone here to do it.  It may cost you something for the shipping but it will be right.  Oh, and give me directions to Fred's place....I garuantee you that he won't forget me anytime soon!!!!  :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

GoDrex said:
So I go to pick up my guitar with NEW re-done complimentary bonus mammoth cock installed and the low E and A are close together again (see the post above).

So I start looking at it and I can't believe my eyes. I say, Fred I guess you just like having the low E and A close together. Well, he starts telling me how it's dead on balls accurate and I can measure it and I do and it's off, and he's got my original Graphtech nut there (which for some reason he belt sanded down on the back so it's now completely useless) and it doesn't line up with that. So I say I guess I'm just crazy. He then says, you know what, you must be some kind of expert on nuts (which I felt like making a smart reply to but I bit my tongue) and that I must know much more about nuts than him, even though that's what he does for a living and I'm not going to get anything better anywhere else and I can just take my money back. So like the sucker I am I say no I'll just take the guitar and move on (to my next abomination - didn't really say that hahaha) - but he says no he doesn't want my money. So I say if you insist... and he says yeah I insist, take back your money (he then writes me a check) and take your cheap ass guitar and shove it up your ass, and go frick yourself. Because I'm a cheap ass - he's never dealt with anyone like me - no I'm not a cheap ass, I'm a whole ass - and take the guitar and GTFO and he never wants to see me again and f this and cheap bastard that etc etc. I just smiled and kept my mouth shut. I thought about guitlouie for a moment and wondered what he would do, but I saw no other option than to just smile and leave.

So now I've got this awesome mamoth cock nut on my LP and it feels fricking weird to me because the string spacing is unlike any guitar I've ever owned or played.

Doctor, it's time for my shot of thorazine now.... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :tard: :toothy12: :laughing8: :laughing11: :laughing3: :binkybaby:

If he had spoken to me like that.. i would have taken a random squier of the wall, and inserted it up his rectum... sidewards!
What a fecking wanker!!

Marko said:
If he had spoken to me like that.. i would have taken a random squier of the wall, and inserted it up his rectum... sidewards!
What a fecking wanker!!

In this case it would seem much more fitting to provide him with a pair of very unevenly spaced nuts himself...

guitlouie said:
Seriously, get someone here to do it.  It may cost you something for the shipping but it will be right.  Oh, and give me directions to Fred's place....I garuantee you that he won't forget me anytime soon!!!!  :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:

http://www.fredcastner.com/

I love his little blurb on there: "I am a perfectionist when it comes to my work and will not allow any instrument to leave my shop until perfect."  Uh yeah. But if one of your customers is unhappy with your so called perfect work then you'll flip out on them instead of trying to get it how they'd like it.

Marko said:
What a fecking wanker!!

Let the impale begin!! Oh Lord Teps, give us the knowleadge and the power to impale the old b@st@rd!  :evil4:

:laughing7:

Please don't -  this guy lives near me and I'm sure he owns guns. I don't need any trouble.

hehehehehehehe I could tell him some mean things, sure...

So sad that the sissy owns guns (or time to buy some... here is pratically illegal to have one...)

The attitude takes the cake.  Standing your ground is one thing, but there's no need to be a completely certifiable ASS to a customer.  :doh:

One doesn't need to be "an expert on nuts" to see that the spacing is NOT what you asked for and provided an example of.  I for one will make a note of his business and make sure to steer people clear of him (and out of respect for Gary, without naming specifics).

I just think he couldn't believe that I didn't just accept the work that he did for me. His pride blinds him to the fact that it's obviously screwed up. Unless there's something weirder going on that I can't even imagine. He obviously didn't take my first complaint seriously and didn't care that the string spacing feels really weird to me (since no guitar I've ever played is like this). It's been blowing my mind so hard I almost can't understand what happened and how and why. It's just too bizarre and I doubt I'll ever understand what the hell happened. I'm in a kind of shock about the whole thing. None of what happened makes any sense at all to me.

Because there is no sense...

Just like the "luthier" that, without ask me, slotted the strings on nut closer to the fingerboard and when I ask him he said: "It was very high" and I said "hey I build it, that's the way I like it"... Then he shot: "If you have build the guitar you should adjust it".... I had to say: "I'm paying you to do it..." and he end the talk with: "Ok, bring the guitar that I'll make a very HIGH nut to you"...

It's called the best luthier of my region, needless to say that I never get the guitar there again... I was trying to see/have a reason to talk to him to ask if I could go there in my free time to learn a little about, as I've made a (now I see: bad) guitar making course and stayed long without do anything with guitars... (low self-esteem, working on)

Back