Custom GD Gold Top

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Here I thought this stuff about mammoth cock was a joke.  This is for real?

Glad you got your nut right.  :icon_biggrin:

yeah it's a joke - it's actually supposed to be fossilized mammoth ivory, which would be tusk. But since Fred cocked it up so badly I just started calling it that for the fun of it. :laughing8:

And I'm glad too. It feels great. :)

When I thought about this (using fossilised mammoth ivory), this guy is wasting a valuable FINITE resource with some very amateurish work.

Obviously, once all the fossilised ivory that can be found has been used - that's it, no more. And he's just gone and messed up two nuts worth of the material. What a jerk.

Glad to see the Tusq nut is doing the job. Happy playing. :party07:

OzziePete said:
GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Here I thought this stuff about mammoth cock was a joke.  This is for real?

Glad you got your nut right.   :icon_biggrin:

yeah it's a joke - it's actually supposed to be fossilized mammoth ivory, which would be tusk. But since Fred cocked it up so badly I just started calling it that for the fun of it. :laughing8:

And I'm glad too. It feels great. :)

When I thought about this (using fossilised mammoth ivory), this guy is wasting a valuable FINITE resource with some very amateurish work.

Obviously, once all the fossilised ivory that can be found has been used - that's it, no more. And he's just gone and messed up two nuts worth of the material. What a jerk.

Glad to see the Tusq nut is doing the job. Happy playing. :party07:
I agree, though to be fair the first messed up one was regular bone. The ivory was an upgrade since he messed up the first one. The astounding part is that he made the second one nearly exactly like the first. I still can't quite get my head around it.

Maybe it was an attempt to slightly change string lengths to make it a compensated nut.  :icon_jokercolor:

It seemed like you had a cloud over your head with this whole build. Glad to hear you're sorted out for now. :icon_thumright:

When it comes to guitars and amps I've had a cloud over my head for 25 years. I even quit playing for 10 years or so. It's a terrible hobby and too expensive. But I enjoy playing when the equipment is decent. Just getting to that point can be tough for me though.  The LP is playing great now though.

GoDrex said:
When it comes to guitars and amps I've had a cloud over my head for 25 years. I even quit playing for 10 years or so. It's a terrible hobby and too expensive. But I enjoy playing when the equipment is decent. Just getting to that point can be tough for me though.  The LP is playing great now though.

Owning a horse, racing a car or motorcycle, and golf are expensive hobbies.  If one finds gear they can be content with, there's really nothing more than strings and possibly tubes to replace after the initial investment.  G-A-S (Gear Aquiring Syndrome) is what's expensive.  I bought cheap starter gear, opened a separate checking account for gig money, and have slowly upgraded all of my gear w/out my wife feaking out.

Hey GoDrex...  Where is it that you have detailed all the problems you had with your gold top build?  I saw a few references to a problem you had with the binding but I never could find any details.

--
Andy

It's all in this thread - pretty much I start going nuts describing my troubles here:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3305.msg54615#msg54615

there's a link to the binding issue here:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3120.0 -- apparently I'm the only person to ever have this problem.

GoDrex said:
apparently I'm the only person to ever have this problem.

You're not the only one with bad lucky.. In the day before New Year eve, my uniform's trousers tore and I had no second one to put on... Then I had to ask for a friend borrow me the new uniform of the company, which is smaller than I'm... So, I just can't moor the cords of my boot because it could tore this uniform too... Tomorrow I'll work (untill 10PM or 11PM) and won't be able to get a new trouser...

Think that should be the time to start working out :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
Do your pants cost $350? I don't think so! :laughing7:

Will take a picture to you, showing how bad is the situation.... I think you'll never sleep, again, on your WHOLE LIFE  :laughing3: :toothy12: :doh:

someone wanted some distortion....

I don't have a good camera so the picture sucks... oh well.

enjoy some crunchy noodles - all 5 of the licks that I know how to throw out hahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh-pWNG3QM

Dude, nice.  Great tone there bud. I'm gald to see that after all the hell this thing gave you, at least you seem to be enjoynig it now!

Thanks guys - yeah it plays pretty nice now. It's not 100% perfect but it's certainly livable for me and sounds good. I still have some issues with the frets - I think I'm going to learn how to level them myself and then I ought to be sorted out.

That cable is a Vox and it's great. I highly recommend them. I have a bunch of really nice straight cables, but in my little room they're always getting twisted up. Well the Vox is always perfect. I'll never use anything else in my room.
http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Premium-Vintage-Coil-Guitar-Cable?sku=330241

The audio is direct from the Fender Cyber Deluxe into my computer sound card line in. I then tried to sync it up with windows movie maker. Worked ok. The amp sound is Fender's Dyna-Touch.

Back