Current Warmoth lead times?

The Warmoth gods must have heard my whining.  My order shipped on 11/4, which was about 10 weeks after my order for a showcase neck and body, but the body required painting.  I’m excited for this build.

Whooo! I just got my shipping notice today after placing my order on 9/10 which makes my lead time 9 weeks and 3 days. This falls well within the pre-covid lead times and hopefully this means demand is either starting to return to normal or they've figured out how to keep up with the increased demand. For the record, I ordered a custom 7/8s strat body with a finish and a 7/8 neck (roasted maple) with no finish.

Jecht said:
Whooo! I just got my shipping notice today after placing my order on 9/10 which makes my lead time 9 weeks and 3 days. This falls well within the pre-covid lead times and hopefully this means demand is either starting to return to normal or they've figured out how to keep up with the increased demand. For the record, I ordered a custom 7/8s strat body with a finish and a 7/8 neck (roasted maple) with no finish.

You beat me to the punch.  My order for an unfinished neck and a finished body went in on 9/2; I'm still waiting.  But I had binding on both, a gloss dye job, a weird shape (Iceman), and some unique inlays.  So I'm happy to wait patiently a little longer!

Just a heads up, especially if order from overseas, order everything in a single chunk. A couple of weeks ago I ordered a custom body, then 2-3 days later order a custom neck and asked them if they could merge in a single shipping. Now a couple of weeks later they answer they can’t because they have too much to do, which sounds a bit like bs to be honest but whatever (sites like Thomann even automatically merge different orders as long as nothing is shipped). Considering ordering from Europe is 100$ shipping minimum for basically anything, yeah not the best.

ValeBliz said:
they can’t because they have too much to do, which sounds a bit like bs to be honest but whatever (sites like Thomann even automatically merge different orders as long as nothing is shipped). Considering ordering from Europe is 100$ shipping minimum for basically anything, yeah not the best.

When you open warmoth.com this page is presented, has been there for as long as I can remember

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-202132.png
    Screenshot_20211116-202132.png
    322.9 KB · Views: 92
I know and I accept it, but it still doesn't make much sense. There are ways to make it an almost automated process and in the end I think it would actually benefit them.

ValeBliz said:
I know and I accept it, but it still doesn't make much sense. There are ways to make it an almost automated process and in the end I think it would actually benefit them.

Though of course Warmoth are much smaller than Thomman. With automation there has to be an overall net gain versus the time spent to create the automation. It may not be worth it to Warmoth to do it.

Hi All,

Question for everyone who has recently received their order with the new website (and were constantly checking the status).

Did the status of your order update from 'Pending' to 'In Progress' or something similar before it was shipped? Or is 'Pending' the only status before it is shipped? I placed an order for an unfinished roasted maple neck end of Sept so I'm still within the updated lead time, but wondering if I might be receiving a shipping notification very soon or if it may still be a while as it has definitely not started production yet.

Not fussed with the timeline, I'd rather it take longer and done well than rushed and has issues! Just interested in whether it *may* have started being built or not.

You will tend to get a shipping notice when it ships. It has never been the case that updates along the build process have been sent out.

stratamania said:
You will tend to get a shipping notice when it ships. It has never been the case that updates along the build process have been sent out.

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't referring to email updates specifically, more the order status you see if you log into your account and view your orders there.

Doesn't really matter in the end, just excited to get my first Warmoth neck and daydreaming  :icon_biggrin:

michaelmc said:
stratamania said:

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't referring to email updates specifically, more the order status you see if you log into your account and view your orders there.

Doesn't really matter in the end, just excited to get my first Warmoth neck and daydreaming  :icon_biggrin:

Ah, I don't think it is updated or heard others report this though I have not placed an order via the new site, this did not happen on the old site.

it is confusing, my order had a reorder button and i was uncertain like whats that mean, but then i got shipping notice... none of us (hunanoids)  tend to wait patiently well, its trying,  and instant gratification is the new norm with 5g :dontknow:

michaelmc said:
Hi All,

Question for everyone who has recently received their order with the new website (and were constantly checking the status).

Did the status of your order update from 'Pending' to 'In Progress' or something similar before it was shipped? Or is 'Pending' the only status before it is shipped? I placed an order for an unfinished roasted maple neck end of Sept so I'm still within the updated lead time, but wondering if I might be receiving a shipping notification very soon or if it may still be a while as it has definitely not started production yet.

Not fussed with the timeline, I'd rather it take longer and done well than rushed and has issues! Just interested in whether it *may* have started being built or not.

Yes, my order just went from "pending" to "processing" at around 11 weeks.  Not sure what that means exactly, but I think it means something good!

Honestly, I didn't bother to log back on to check order status once I got confirmation that it had been accepted.  Once I knew my order was in the queue, I just left it as is and put in dates in my Google calendar to track when the 5 week and 10 week marks would be (which was how I knew my order was at the 7 week mark when I got the shipping notice).

Checking my order in my account wasn't going to make anything go any faster, so why stress myself out about it?

Trust in the W.

Just got my shipping notice for my parts!
Rear route strat with gloss paint finish and maple/ebony neck with satin finish. Just under 14 weeks from time of order, I did alter my order though which I’m sure caused a delay. Suffice to say published lead times are accurate, very impressed. Customer service was perfection along the way.

My order of a 72 p bass body with white pearl finish, black pickguard, and an all wenge jazz bass neck with pearl blocks is currently at 12 weeks and 3 days. It's "processing" at the moment and I was given an at least 12 week time frame, so I'd say it's pretty spot on so far. No complaints here whatsoever! Thanks to Warmoth for working your tails off!

I just placed my first order, for a neck and body from the showcase.  No finishing needed, but I did specify a different pickup route, and the neck needs frets.  I'm curious to see if it might get out the door in a few weeks, instead of in a few months.  But I'm not in a rush either way.

electric__steve said:
I just placed my first order, for a neck and body from the showcase.  No finishing needed, but I did specify a different pickup route, and the neck needs frets.  I'm curious to see if it might get out the door in a few weeks, instead of in a few months.  But I'm not in a rush either way.

i would say expect 12 weeks and you will be happy when your order ships in 8 weeks,  but most importantly ... which ones did you get ?

The neck is exactly the shape I'd been interested in: Gibson scale and wizard profile.  Warhead, maple with rosewood, standard 10-16 radius.

The body isn't anything complicated, a real light basswood Strat.  Universal route.  I want to set this up for trying out different pickups and wiring combinations, kind of use it for experimenting with.

Back