Current Warmoth lead times?

I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to an RFID system to track every body and neck as it goes through the line, which can be updated on your user profile.

The nice thing about a new website is that it can be a platform for new stuff that the old one couldn't. Maybe...

Either way, I'm at 9 weeks now, so I expect to wait quite a while longer - bound and dyed mooncaster  :eek:

I'm antsy to get it but happy to wait as long as needed, I know things are crazy everywhere and they are doing their best to keep up with demand. If anyone is in a hurry, a custom guitar probably isn't the way to go!  :laughing3:

SeaGroomer said:
I wouldn't be surprised to see them go to an RFID system to track every body and neck as it goes through the line, which can be updated on your user profile.

The nice thing about a new website is that it can be a platform for new stuff that the old one couldn't. Maybe...

Either way, I'm at 9 weeks now, so I expect to wait quite a while longer - bound and dyed mooncaster  :eek:

I'm antsy to get it but happy to wait as long as needed, I know things are crazy everywhere and they are doing their best to keep up with demand. If anyone is in a hurry, a custom guitar probably isn't the way to go!  :laughing3:

My body has been with paint for 4 weeks, support says it's probably going to be another 2 weeks before it is shipped out.

So I am looking at 16 weeks, or around 113 days from order if they do get it out the Monday after next.  So unfortunately yea you're probably looking at another almost 2 months, especially since you have a bound body like mine.

My other order is 7 weeks in. Just hit me I'm only half way through waiting for that one, and that's the one I'm most excited about.

The support team knows what department it's in, and I really wish the guys would forward that info to the website like:

Processing (Order Received, Body blank awaiting CNC)

Processing (Body cut, awaiting binding)

Processing (Body bound, awaiting paint)

Shipped

SeaGroomer said:
If anyone is in a hurry, a custom guitar probably isn't the way to go!  :laughing3:

Truer words have never been spoken.

In totally unrelated news, I noticed that one dude who was whining about WM taking too long with showcase items hasn't returned to complain more.....  Or at least not posted about it.

I couldn't believe it, last night after a completely ****ty day I was sitting at the computer and a UPS notification showed up in my inbox. Warmoth. IT'S TIME!

12 weeks 4 days, custom body (double lamtop, bound and satin clear) and roasted maple (unfinished) neck

For anyone impatiently waiting, I recommend spending some time with your other favorite guitar. KEEP ON PICKIN' BABY (sorry if only Aaron is allowed)

From order to delivery date..7 weeks. Granted it's a routed body blank and not a custom finish body; but I'm happy with the turn-a-round time. I feel for you guys and girls waiting on those sweet custom bodies and necks. Thank you to everyone at Warmoth for all your hard (and lately sweaty) work :eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

• UPS NOTICE.JPG
    UPS NOTICE.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 118
We must have ordered around the same time. We'll see how much longer it takes for a dyed and bound mooncaster!  :laughing11:

Today is 15 weeks for me on a custom single bound, unique top, and burst painted bass body. No updates or shipping notices thus far. Fingers crossed for something this week…  :sad:

The binding is the thing that is killing wait times for a lot of people right now. It's very time-consuming, and it seems everyone wants bound bodies all of a sudden.

The Aaron said:
The binding is the thing that is killing wait times for a lot of people right now. It's very time-consuming, and it seems everyone wants bound bodies all of a sudden.

Yup! from the post on the Instagram it makes a lot of sense. Honestly, worth it. https://www.instagram.com/p/CQynI0xsBh_/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

I am curious to see if my non-bound body/neck combo ordered about 6 weeks later ships out faster.

Can’t blame anyone. Binding is pretty darn sharp lol! Watching the videos you guys have put out has really shown why the bodies with binding take a good bit longer. It definitely adds a lot of of time consuming work to each step of the build process.

Arrived this morning as promised :turtle:

Attachments

• BB Mahogany.jpg
    BB Mahogany.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 122
elstoof said:
Looks like it’ll be uncomfortable to play that one sitting down
I was thinking of rounding off the bottom edge for more playing comfort :laughing7: :laughing7:

Ooh, that's a beautiful slab of Mahogany - so much potential there! What are you going to do with it??  :sad:

Hey guys! Well she finally arrived today! Ordered 80 days ago, on April 18th. Got the email 3 weeks ago that it didnt pass QC, then another email a week ago that it shipped. Whoever is waiting, just be patient, its totally worth the wait!

SeaGroomer said:
Ooh, that's a beautiful slab of Mahogany - so much potential there! What are you going to do with it??  :sad:
Thanks, I am thinking of using black grain filler then dying the body until I get the right amount of coloring for a transparent type look then maybe some tung oil. For shape...something as thin and slim as the rear rout will allow. Something like the Parker Fly I had in the 90s. Then install the roasted maple warhead neck.

Just put in my first build. Rear routed strat body with natural masked edges and red dye over flame. Guess I should expect 3 months give or take?

opsopcopolis said:
Guess I should expect 3 months give or take?

I’ll be 16 weeks on Tuesday, so probably a little more give, considering the complexity of your build. It’ll be well worth the wait though!

captainsmooth said:
opsopcopolis said:
Guess I should expect 3 months give or take?

I’ll be 16 weeks on Tuesday, so probably a little more give, considering the complexity of your build. It’ll be well worth the wait though!

If the masking is as difficult to do as normal binding, yea you're looking at about 16 weeks. Ordered mine (binding) on march 20th, 16th week will be next monday. No emails yet, from either ups or usps.

Back