Curly Koa Strat

Snshyn

Hey All:

Great site.  Just got done mopping up all the drool after checking out the gallery.  Wanted to add my curly koa strat to the mix.  I bought the lefty body (solid) and righty curly koa neck with ebony fingerboard and abalone dots back in 1983 ; a friend had a one-page flyer of blowout bodies and necks and I picked both up for around $300.  I spray lacquered the body myself and left the neck unfinished.  I oil the neck with linseed oil from time to time.  It has Dimarzio Humbucker-From-Hell, Tone-Zone and Super Distortion pickups; lefty Kahler; and abalone pickguard.  Plays like "buttuh."  I hope everyone enjoys! :rock-on:

Awesome body and neck! :D
We just need a pic of the headstock's front...

Too bad you like Kahler :sad:

Here ya go.  My buddy put the Charvel sticker on the headstock years ago but rest assured it's a Warmoth.  Harsh about the Kahler; I didn't want to carve up the body and there really weren't many options for a locking system back in 1983.

Snshyn said:
Harsh about the Kahler; I didn't want to carve up the body and there really weren't many options for a locking system back in 1983.

Sorry if it sounded harsh, wasn't the intention, I just don't like the look of these bridges and think it take too much of the wood appearing, but I can't say much about what had on streets that time, as I was born in the end of 84 :) You must be right :laughing7:

No worries Nonsense, I wasn't offended. :eek:ccasion14:  At the time, I was concerned that having to route through the body and making the rear cavity would effect the tone of the guitar.  Glad you liked the wood though.  Makes me smile every time I look at her, even after all these years.  Ain't love grand?

Thanks guys.  I will try to get some better photos instead of the camera phone ones posted here.

love that guitar. post some better photo's, these don't capture it correctly.

Back