Crystal Ball

I am just posting here so I won't be left out when the crystal ball does start talkin'

And yes, a carved top strat would be sweet :glasses9:
:rock-on:

NonsenseTele said:
Marko said:
so how about an oversized strat :)
most regular guitars look like toy guitars on me (yes, I am almost 6tf6)

I'm not dutch-giant but pretty square (or round, depending of the point of view :laughing7:) and guitars tend to make me look like Shrek, wanna big ones too!

hahahaha Shrek! so you are just a big ass Brazilian.. which is still smaller than a regular dutch guy :)

oh btw, do you work in an illegal fireworks factory?

Marko said:
NonsenseTele said:
Marko said:
so how about an oversized strat :)
most regular guitars look like toy guitars on me (yes, I am almost 6tf6)

I'm not dutch-giant but pretty square (or round, depending of the point of view :laughing7:) and guitars tend to make me look like Shrek, wanna big ones too!

hahahaha Shrek! so you are just a big ass Brazilian.. which is still smaller than a regular dutch guy :)

oh btw, do you work in an illegal fireworks factory?

Yes, the big brazilians are almost always smaller than dutches... I'm 6ft tall :sad: But I compensate with hot blood! :laughing7:

And I don't work on that factory that exploded, but there is a lot of that (illegal ones, in deed I'm not eve sure if there is legal ones)

Max said:
Marko want 8/7 Strat...

I was thinking 9/8ths, but oh well.  8/7ths is almost 2% bigger, I'll take that too.  I'm not 6'6", more like 5'10" both ways.  I remember seeing Randy Roads and Tommy Shaw pics playing LP Customs.  I played one and was like, "Where are the normal sized ones."  Those guys are little.

I'm 5' 7", and my hands are disproportionately smaller than my overall size.  My friend who is 5' 2" has exactly the same size hands, and several of my teenage students, all of who are shorter than me, have the same size or in some cases larger hands than I do. 

So when I build a Strat, it will be 7/8. 

Here's something freaky though... when I went to the Rock of Fame (the front of Guitar Center Los Angeles where they have tons of rock star's footprints), I put my hands in Jimmy Page's handprints, and they were the same size. 

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
7/8 is the body size.  The neck has to do with how big or small your hands are.

Ah, yes.  But they are supposedly going to have 7/8 neck options according to Wyliee. 

In the early/mid eighties Fender put out a 7/8 Tele style guitar called a "Bullet". It later became a Squire model but the first few were made in the USA.

I had one. It was pretty cool and I wish I never got rid it. The body fit me well and the neck was normal size. Fun guitar..!

I would really like all the neck profiles added to the 24.75 scale necks.  :icon_thumright:

I would love a 7/8 flat top soloist with the Gibson scale and the Wolfgang contour.

Death by Uberschall said:
I would really like all the neck profiles added to the 24.75 scale necks.  :icon_thumright:

I would love a 7/8 flat top soloist with the Gibson scale and the Wolfgang contour.

+ a million.

I want the Wolfgang contour, but I'll always get conversion necks.

If the neck ends up being smaller than a conversion scale, be prepared for no Fender headstock like the 32" scale J-Bass.  Since it won't retrofit a Fender product, no license, no headstock.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
If the neck ends up being smaller than a conversion scale, be prepared for no Fender headstock like the 32" scale J-Bass.  Since it won't retrofit a Fender product, no license, no headstock.
Not necessarily...  A24" scale neck could be a Fender retrofit, just not for a Start...

Oh yeah you already make mustang necks, so you can just slap that on a 24 scale 7/8 strat. Wicked.

Back