Coronavirus Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe mock one up first out of stockpiled fettucine rather than spaghetti, so as to see the reaction of the Pastafarians, what with copyrights, trademarks and other such pesky restrictions. We're a litigious society, after all. Hate to get sued into insolvency over some nitpicky little thing like shape.

ByteFrenzy said:
Would it be bad taste if I build a COVID-19 commemorative guitar out of stockpiled spaghetti and toilet paper rolls?

Maybe now, but in 6 months it would be hilarious.  :)

We're stocked up on cheese so ... we won't be needing so much toilet paper.

pirate said:
Funding my next bass build.....

https://imgur.com/a/3N4rr9F

Today I see LA facebook friend post empty supermarket shelf, not sure I should  feel sadness or what.

and Europe seems to be more worried, UK and Italy government doesn't learn anything  :help:

My Shipt shopper just texted me no TP at Meijer. THat's big. They're like Walmart - warehouses all over.

Form our experience , I believe supply chain not much difference in USA , TP and main food ( rice in our place ) take 2 weeks to digesting the panic buying back to normal, egg and vegetables take 1.5 weeks . Hand washing things can not keep up to suddenly hight demands, but still can buy not in some absurd price .

Only face mask need to pay absurd price if you want it right now , but in HK as no more factory for long time , when there $ to Made , has build more than 10 new face mask production line a month ago , a lot of Asia city building new production line too , so next month shortage of face mask should be easy down .

Toilet paper seems to be hoarded universally. Only exception I know of is France. Friends let me know the shops are out of wine, cheese and Champagne. There just is something classy about the French.

ByteFrenzy said:
Toilet paper seems to be hoarded universally. Only exception I know of is France. Friends let me know the shops are out of wine, cheese and Champagne. There just is something classy about the French.

Nothing classy about not wiping

ByteFrenzy said:

I gotta say, in our neck of the woods there was NO ONE in the liquor store.  So we stocked up  :)

ByteFrenzy said:
Would it be bad taste if I build a COVID-19 commemorative guitar out of stockpiled spaghetti and toilet paper rolls?

If you can make guitars out of colored pencils and matchsticks, why not?

Michael

jay4321 said:
ByteFrenzy said:

Nothing classy about not wiping

You don't need 700 rolls of the stuff to wipe... unless you haven't been told that you need to unroll them for use...

Speaking of France, got a message from family that they've just locked down Paris.  Ain't that something.  Don't infect the elderly!

What South Korea doing right is everything UK and Italy doing wrong :  Hongkong only got around 2 new cases everyday recently , but yesterday got more than 20 new cases , 20 of them are students come back from UK . 

another possibility that we are convinced will surprise you. Have you heard about South Korea's war against COVID-19? In this video,  give you all the details in this video.

[youtube]BS0qoRyapUI[/youtube]

How To See Germs Spread (Coronavirus)
[youtube]I5-dI74zxPg[/youtube]

Why acting early can stop it .
[youtube] fgBla7RepXU[/youtube]

The UK and various parts of Europe are locking down and the measures taken are developing rapidly.

So I don't think everyone is wrong in the approaches taken but in some cases, there are shortages of equipment so countries are responding in the way that they can.

I'll say one thing about responses to this whole thing... it's gonna end some smokers, and you can count me among them. Gotta do it. I don't expect it'll be as easy as I think, or as hard as some say. But, I do know that I've gone extended periods without nicotine, and it's nowhere near as bad as one might be led to believe. The tough part is mental - gotta real habit to break, and that's nothing to sneeze at.

I've gone weeks, and even on a couple occasions months without a butt, so you know there was no nicotine addiction involved. But, the instant I was able, I wanted to smoke again. What's up with that? Stupid brain.

I do know early on, I turn into a cast iron bitch. But, that only lasts until the drug is completely gone, which is really only 3 or 4 days. Patches can mitigate that.

But, I can tell you one thing - I NEVER want to suffer oxygen starvation again. The panic is unlike anything you've ever experienced. I mean, it's mind-bending. I still have panic attacks if anything restricts my breathing, even something as simple as having a blanket lay on me wrong. I'm uncomfortable even being near bodies of water anymore, no no more swimming/boating/etc. The memory of not being able to breathe is deeply profound. So, if you get some sort of disease that affects your respiratory system like this COVID-19 thing seems to do, you could be in for it, and the huge fear is that there won't be enough respirators/ventilators/oxygen generators/etc. available to handle as many as may need them.

I'm ok with death these days - been too close too many times - but I don't want to die, particularly if it means terrified, panicky suffering. Just shoot me or something, fer crissakes!  :laughing7:

I'm going off my hardcore Dt Mt Dew habit too. I did break down and get a few 2L, keeping it to about 2 glasses a day for now. I've never taken to coffee, and it doesn't really help either - having to give it up because it tears my esophagus up something awful. I was already a week in when we had to go into quarantine. (My wife somehow wrangled a test with no fever - but she said SOB and had been out of the country and had potentially exposed high risk people if she did have it. I think 'out of the country' was the magic phrase. She turned out negative,but man what an ordeal. That kicks loose a storm of stuff when you have a test pending.

Chantix seems to be pretty effective to quit smoking as long as you don't start having the side effects. It's pretty unreal actually, you just don't even feel like smoking once the right amount has built up, it's almost bizarre.

I'll look into that, but if insurance doesn't cover it, then fuhgeddaboudit. Even heavily discounted, it's $450-$500/mo. I already resent what I'm going to have to pay for patches. My smoking has typically been pretty inexpensive, as I roll my own - might cost me a few hundred bucks a year, as opposed to the few thousand those who smoke custom-rolled prepackaged smokes pay. But, while saving money is not my motivation, going bankrupt to quit isn't really on the menu, either.

Not sure about most insurances, but mine covered it. I probably had a $25 copay or something and that's it. The only side effect I had was if I took it and didn't eat anything I had an upset stomach. It also seems to give people crazy vivid dreams and it did for me too but I liked that side effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back