Control cavity cover?

Roger Wilco

Hi! I’m new. Please be nice, as I am about to post s potentially stupid question. I recently (this morning, actully) received my long awaited guitar body from Warmoth. It’s a rear routed HSS Strat, finished by MJT, if anyone wondered. Well, boy, did I feel miffed when I found out I had forgotten to include a control cavity cover in my order! After quite a bit of searching the Warmoth website, I went from miffed to perplexed: I can’t find any control cavity covers! Do I have to make one myself?

Please help this poor fool!

When I bought my warmoth body with a rear rout, they included a cover.  So you're saying you had it sent to MJT and they lost the cover?  What did MJT say? Doesn't matter, you can always make another one. Someone on here makes them out of wood.  Or a tech can make one for you.  It's not that big a deal, you'll be fine.

The cavity cover is standard with rear-routed bodies.  I'd follow up with MJT, if you had the body sent directly to them from the factory. Perhaps they misplaced it.  If they disclaim any responsibility, check with Warmoth, perhaps they'll do you a solid, or at least charge you something reasonable for one.

Bagman67 said:
The cavity cover is standard with rear-routed bodies.  I'd follow up with MJT, if you had the body sent directly to them from the factory. Perhaps they misplaced it.  If they disclaim any responsibility, check with Warmoth, perhaps they'll do you a solid, or at least charge you something reasonable for one.

Nailed it. Stuck the landing.

Thanks for all the useful answers! This explains it all, actually. You see, MJT forgot to send me the neck and hardware (they did not treat those, only the body), so my guess is that the back cover will arrive along with the other stuff.

Oh, and the guys at MJT were very proffessional about the whole thing, and will send me everything as soon as possible.

Thanks again!

I have done the same thing, 2 years after starting a project, I can't find the control cavity cover. Seems that it may not have a "standard " where can they be purchased? USA

Last time I needed one, one of the CS guys said to order a tremolo back cover in what ever color you want the back plate to be and then put in the order notes that it is a cavity cover for a rear routed body. There are a few different shapes based on the body style so make sure to tell them which body you have rear routed.

Back