Chrome and nickel?

rapfohl09

This may seem rediculous, but I am doing some research for my next build and the pickups I want come with nickel covers. Ok, no big deal except the bridge that I want comes in chrome....

Now in my head I picture that terrible kind of color clashing where you ALMOST got the colors to match, but not quite. So does anyone have some pictures of anything like this? Or just have some insight as to how it would look?

I had humbuckers with nickel covers on my MiM Strat. All other hardware including knobs was chrome and the difference is hardly noticeable. If you're looking for a difference, you'll definitely see it, but between any plastic parts, the top wood and/or finish and the strings, it should look just fine.

Nickel looks like a slightly dingy chrome up next to chrome. But I'd say with the distance between the two, probably wouldn't hardly be noticed... :dontknow:

If you are looking for it you will notice.  Period.  However most others will not.

like Dangerous said, nickel is like a dingy, more grey chrome.  I have used 0000 steel wool to LIGHTLY scuff chrome to mimic the look of nickel.   :eek:ccasion14:

Nickel plating has lush, warm, yellow overtones to its hues.  Chrome has brash, artificial, blue overtones.

That being written, I had a helluva time finding the right parts for my guitar to be wholly nickel plated.  The tuners had to come from Holland, for example.

Back