Checkerboard bodies....coming Sept 8th.

Jack_H said:
docteurseb said:
War_in_D said:
docteurseb said:
Not my thing as a guitar...

It's kinda cool in a "Rick Nielsen" sort of way... but yeah, not for me either.

Had to look it up... that seems heavy:
52a123ec07ae2c10165377745d634856.jpg
Still lighter than a Les Paul...

:laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

VERY cool, but I still lose sleep over having missed that one tele body that had a Macassar Ebony top three or four years back.

Congrats, Bassetman! I look forward to seeing how you finish it out.

8 left as of 11am.

what happened?  There are only six left ... as they say snooz you lose.  Oh well.

Yep, sold all but six in three hours. Rest will probably be gone by the end of the day.

118908137_10160507143828289_5743915554597345412_o.jpg

PhilHill said:
Alright. Great way to make use of cutoffs, if that's the method.  :icon_thumright:

It's not.

There is no way you could get the consistent wood coloration you need by using scraps. You've got to get all the light colors from a single piece of wood, all the dark colors from a single piece, etc.

This is one of the best promotional ideas yet. Outstanding!

What's next? Stripes? Dots? Honeycomb? Escher ducks?

iu

I can’t believe both strat bodies with the suspenders stripes are some of the last to go. They are very pretty.

The Aaron said:
PhilHill said:
Alright. Great way to make use of cutoffs, if that's the method.  :icon_thumright:

It's not.

There is no way you could get the consistent wood coloration you need by using scraps. You've got to get all the light colors from a single piece of wood, all the dark colors from a single piece, etc.

Ahh, I suspected something like that would be the problem with my theory. Hence the qualification. Thanks for settling it.  :headbang:

This is a fun game, let's see there's a pic of John Travolta from the 1970's.  John Travolta is most famous for Saturday Night Fever.  When I think of Disco I think of Niles Rogers who played a strat.  Travolta was in a movie with Jackson in 2003, which featured 1950's music.  The picture of Jackson is from Shaft.  The original Shaft was made in the 1970's, though the remake is from 1980's.  The theme from shaft was played on a strat? with a wah.  Maybe a disco / funk something?

Back