Check out this quilt

hannaugh

Senior member
Messages
4,230
I just noticed this in the showcase.  Is it just me, or is that some insane looking quilt?  It almost reminds me of those trippy screensavers:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/bodies/large/PT1196A.jpg
 

Kostas

Senior member
Messages
1,381
hannaugh said:
I just noticed this in the showcase.  Is it just me, or is that some insane looking quilt?  It almost reminds me of those trippy screensavers:

http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/bodies/large/PT1196A.jpg
Unfortunately they have A LOT of insane tops in the showcase... :help:
 

UTSC

Senior member
Messages
200
Blue313 said:
Thats nice!  Although it IS almost some sort of Rorschach test. :laughing7:

You sir just made my day with that comment.  :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing7: :laughing7:
 

mindtool

Active member
Messages
35
that's the most detailed quilt i've ever seen.  it looks amazing!  i think it would look cooler in a wine-red though. 
 

mullyman

Senior member
Messages
1,857
This is the one that made my heart stop. I don't usually download photos of bodies from Warmoth and keep them on my computer but I had to with this one. No way I'd ever be able to ask for pup routing on this. If I bought it I'd attach legs to it and make it a side table.
MULLY

ps3334afi0.jpg

The bridge routing alone would kill this.
 
C

callaway

Guest
mullyman said:
This is the one that made my heart stop. I don't usually download photos of bodies from Warmoth and keep them on my computer but I had to with this one. No way I'd ever be able to ask for pup routing on this. If I bought it I'd attach legs to it and make it a side table.
MULLY

ps3334afi0.jpg

The bridge routing alone would kill this.

I have your solution. Neck single coil, 1-piece wraparound TOM bridge, no controls.
 

mullyman

Senior member
Messages
1,857
I think the table is a better idea.
MULLY
or just keep it as is and hang it on the wall
 
G

guitlouie

Guest
Sorry, but that would be a damn shame.  Make it into a guitar and play the hell out of it!
 

mullyman

Senior member
Messages
1,857
guitlouie said:
Sorry, but that would be a damn shame.  Make it into a guitar and play the hell out of it!

I wish I could afford to. That body is expensive, real expensive. Sad thing is that awesome figuring would be taken right away as soon as you routed out the bridge.
MULLY
 

mullyman

Senior member
Messages
1,857
There was another one a few months back that I'm pretty sure I saved on my hard drive at school. I called it the monkey head guitar. I think the monkey head was the one that pushed me forward to make mine. I'd been wanting to put a Warmoth together for years but kept putting it off. I'm so glad now that I took the leap.
MULLY
 
Top