Charge for selecting high grade wood?

red king

Does Gregg or anyone know what the extra charge is for being able to select a certain piece of wood from Warmoth's inventory for your body?  There is something to that effect on the Warmoth website.  How would that work?  Would someone take some pictures of say, all the Black Korina blanks that are in stock so you can choose one?

thanks,

R.

The short answer is 'it depends.'  It depends on what you're looking for and what is currently available.  We wouldn't take pictures of what in in stock as that changes constantly.  You'd need to provide a description to your sales rep of what it is you want.  Black korina, in particular, can vary signficantly in terms of figuring and can be difficult to select a very specific pattern.

If you want something *very* specific, watching the Showcase may be your best bet so you can see the piece before buying it.

-Eric.

I'd want something that looks like the back of Superbeast's guitar with lots of dark streaks, but still symmetrical in the pattern.  Is that something that shows up alot?

red king said:
I'd want something that looks like the back of Superbeast's guitar with lots of dark streaks, but still symmetrical in the pattern.  Is that something that shows up alot?

Symetrical would be very difficult to do.  We do have a couple flamed black korina blanks available.  If you want that, you'd need to let us know ASAP.  Email me your specs if you're ready and we'll do the secret handshake to get you one! (Yes, there will be an extra charge.)

-Eric.

Back