Change of Plans

I am still working on this, but the Danish Oil is drying soooooo slooooowww..
it takes 4 days to dry, even if I wipe off the oil about 30 mins after applying, per the instructions.
it is starting to build a coat on the korina back, but not much on the rosewood yet :(

how many coats did you use, and did you exactly follow the instructions on the bottle?

Markoooooo said:
I am still working on this, but the Danish Oil is drying soooooo slooooowww..
it takes 4 days to dry, even if I wipe off the oil about 30 mins after applying, per the instructions.
it is starting to build a coat on the korina back, but not much on the rosewood yet :(

how many coats did you use, and did you exactly follow the instructions on the bottle?
Mine didn't take long to dry at all, but the humidity levels weren't as they are now either. Nope I didn't go by the instructions on the can, I used a different method. I followed this guys steps, except I wet sanded 3 times with the oil instead of just once as he says. Then I applied 2 coats about 2 hours apart letting the body dry outside between coats. After the second coat I'd let it dry for a full day, then I'd do it all over again. And occasionally buffing in between coats with #0000 steel wool. And after the last coat dried for 24 hrs I buffed it out with a super fine sanding sponge. So total with the wet sanding and the other coats, it was about 6 maybe 7 coats total...
http://www.woodworking.com/wwtimes_oilfinish.cfm

hmm... My AC was out for over a week, maybe thats what fecked it up for me..

Where do you get those superfine sanding sponges? I had some but can't find then anymore..

Markoooooo said:
hmm... My AC was out for over a week, maybe thats what fecked it up for me..

Where do you get those superfine sanding sponges? I had some but can't find then anymore..
I believe I got mine at either Home Depot, Lowes or Wal Mart..

felix_thinking.gif

yes yes, I am working on it! :)
it is actually curing right now and at the same time I am deciding which wax to use...

Mark O said:
yes yes, I am working on it! :)
it is actually curing right now and at the same time I am deciding which wax to use...
[youtube=425,350]3PycZtfns_U[/youtube]

ALRIGHTY!! I am making some progress!

I got some wax and slapped some on last night. I want to put one more coat on, but in the mean time, I am trying to figure out which neck to use.

I like the rosewood, since it matches the rosewood top
but I also like the padouk, since it brings out the redness in the rosewood top..
help me decide!!!!

ROSEWOOD:

Gitoir015.jpg

Gitoir014.jpg

Gitoir017.jpg

Gitoir018.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
and you need to sweep your pool.... :icon_biggrin:

I will do that... right now!

And great, I am also leaning towards Rosewood!

oh and also keep in mind that the other one will go on this.... and I really like the contrast of the padouk on the ash/maple. I will stain this amber btw.

Rosewood:
Gitoir022.jpg

PAdouk:

Gitoir023.jpg

Gitoir025.jpg

Rosewood on the korina, Padouk on the ash for sure.  Padouk is a little too saturated of a color for the korina guitar.

tallman said:
Rosewood on the korina, Padouk on the ash for sure.  Padouk is a little too saturated of a color for the korina guitar.

I'm with tallman  :glasses9:

Back