Candy Apple Red Thinline Tele

Got a better picture of her today. Saguarros for scale.

Photo%20Jul%2008%2C%2012%2056%2048%20PM.jpeg

While aesthetics were not a factor in the decision to swap the pickups, now that I see them in there I really like the way the larger WRHBs "fill out" the pickguard. More proportional and visually pleasing (to me) than the smaller PAFs that were in there.

Photo%20Jul%2008%2C%2012%2052%2025%20PM.jpeg

As compared to

GOM2.jpeg

Look'n good there, Vern! Those pups look outstanding in that guitar. If they sound half as good as they look, you're golden!  :cool01:

Thanks! As I told the guy who wound them: “They sound as good as they look, and they look pretty darn sharp!” I’m heading out of town, as usual, but I’ll definitely post some audio in a couple of weeks.

Those photos are dynamite! What a fine looking guitar. If it sounds half as good, you have a real winner, there.

BTW, every time I look at your avatar, it reminds me of this:

8o2t7fZ.png

:icon_biggrin: :icon_thumright: :laughing11:

Thanks Rgand! I sure think the sound matches the aesthetic, I look forward to sharing that!

Regarding the avatar, it makes me think of the same, which is why I took to it! It is actually completely un-related and came about by chance. I came in from the field at work and dumped the contents of my coverall pockets out and that's what you see: six 1/2" JIC plugs surrounding a 1/2" Swagelok tubing plug. I snapped a picture and messed with it in my phone and it ended up looking like that. It looks a lot cooler than what it actually is, haha!

Glad to hear the sound is appropriate to the pics. It sounds like it sounds like it looks.

I figured the avatar was something of the sort. I like things that imply more than they are.

I procrastinated, but I didn't forget: sound clips with the Wide Ranges! 6 tracks, 3 clean and 3 dirty. Enjoy!

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/vb-tunes/sets/candy-apple-red-thinline-revel[/soundcloud]

Thanks guys! As much as I liked the PAFs in there (I was a bit biased, as I wound them myself....), the Revel WRHBs really make it a beast. It kind of knocks me out every time I pick it up.

That sounds great! You nailed a sound I've always thought was ideal for HBs. Damn nice!

It looks like a set of those Revels will be in my future at some time.

49peterbilt said:
Very nice color!!!!!

Thanks! A double-bound Candy Apple Red Thinline is trifecta of sorts, isn’t it?  :icon_biggrin:

Rgand said:
That sounds great! You nailed a sound I've always thought was ideal for HBs. Damn nice!

It looks like a set of those Revels will be in my future at some time.

Thank you! Do share if you get a set, I’d love to hear what you think (and see what you put them in!).

Necro-posting this thread, yet again! These partscaster things are a journey, not a destination, right?

This time it is the bridge/trem. As much as I like the idea of the Bladerunner, I just don’t get on with it. It moves smoothly and returns to pitch reliably, but the arm isn’t right. It has a ton of slop and there is no “sweet spot” in arm tension; if it isn’t reefed down tight it’s flopping around loose. I have replaced the plastic arm bushing and even installed their “bar grabber” upgraded arm tensioner, still just not a fan of the feel. So while I’ve been happily wailing away on this guitar, I’ve been keeping one eye open for another option to try out. As I was browsing the Instagrams yesterday, I saw Marc Rutters post this guitar:
Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%203%2034%2014%20PM.jpg

3-saddle Strat trem? Oh, momma....  I didn’t see that offered on his website so I contacted him by e-mail to ask about it. He said he makes them for his own builds, but that he would make one for me. I considered it for about 10 seconds and mashed the “Take my money!” button. I’ve gone from being locked in a hotel room for 14 days to being stuck on a remote island for 4 weeks and I haven’t bought a single guitar thing. I feel better now  :toothy12:

Probably 2 or 3 weeks before delivery, I will follow up when she is in-hand!

I like the 3-saddle trem. Looking forward to hearing your take on how it feels.

Back