boring old black strat

mastabassa

i saw this guitar on wildwood guitars and fell in love http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/electrics/fender/custom_strat/r57590/r57590.php
so i decided to built my strat with that idea in mind

003-17.jpg

009-5.jpg

warmoth pro 10-16 compund radius, 59 round back profile neck
warmoth 1 piece swamp ash body
fender 3 ply pickguard
fender knobs and pickup covers
gotoh vintage staggered tuners
callaham tremolo unit
callaham serial # neckplate
fender custom shop 69 neck pickup
seymour duncan ssl-1 middle pickup
seymour duncan ssl-5 bridge
cts pots, vintage cloth wiring, .1 orange drop capacitor

sounds very loud acousticaly, very resonant and lively, i put a very thin coat of black nitro, finished by 1 coat of clear

A good buddy of mine has two of them wildwood guitars, a black one and a white one, he paid like $3,000 bucks a piece for them, I don't get it

thanks guys, love this guitar so far, taking it in to get the nut adjusted and set up as soon as i can stop playing it

after playing this thing more, this pickup configuration is quickly becoming the best ive ever tried (imo) the custom shop 69 gives the 5th position really mellow vintage strat tones, 4th position gets a really chimey john mayer ish sound (love him or hate him he has amazing tone), 3rd is pretty standard strat sound that works well for chilli peppers type stuff, 2nd on clean is VERY mark knopfler esque and the bridge is very thick and creamy, esp for overdriven sounds... i'll try to record some sound clips after i get it set up and run thru the positions on clean/overdriven for you guys, this pickup config is very versatile

no ways man, that strat is not boring, it's awesome! In my opinion, I'd rather have a non-flashy looking guitar and be able to play the heck out of it, than have a flashy guitar that cost a crap-load of $$$ and not know how to play!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but who cares?

I'm sure that's a fine guitar. Certainly looks like it. Reminds me exactly of "The One That Got Away" from me. Best sounding/playing guitar I ever had. Sold it to a buddy for next to nothing to help pay for another fine piece (a Levinson Blade) that sadly, I no longer have due to misadventure.

I've always loved black guitars, especially Strats. That's a fine example of one. I hope it brings you as much joy as mine did me.

Back