10'' - 16'' Compound Radius
Nut Width 1 & 11/16''
Stainless Steal Frets SS6115
White Graph Tech Nut
Pearloid Nightsawn Inlays
Sperzel Lok Tuners
Custom Dougie Neck Plate  :icon_thumright:

… Hardware …

Seymour Duncan Humbucker Jazz  (Neck)                                                                     
Seymour Duncan Humbucker JB  (Bridge)                                                               
6-Hole Vintage Tremolo
2 x 500K CTS Pots
1 x Orange Drop Capacitor
1 x Volume, 1 x Tone
3 Way Switch
Strat Knobs with Position Pointers
Standard Strap Buttons

Sleeps in a Gator Hard Case

All Warmoth, except for Cap, Pointers, Custom Neck Plate, Tuners, Strings & Case

Many thanks to all at Warmoth  :icon_thumright:  that just keep blowing me away with their Quality of products.
Also thanks to all here too, for there tips, help, advice & good'ol humour.  :toothy12:
Thanks @Cagey too, your advice when needed saved my day on this build & others that followed … Much appreciated indeed.  :icon_thumright:
Special thanks to Doug for his outstanding work on Neckplates etc … Top Notch Stuff !!  :hello2:

Thanks for looking.  :icon_biggrin:  Updown  :toothy10:

3a82a509.jpg

c092befa.jpg

3fe9e8b9.jpg

372377ee.jpg

245a64c9.jpg

57da639b.jpg

c3150815.jpg

a28d887d.jpg

af969462.jpg

a24761cc.jpg

a887d487.jpg

5a798861.jpg

2ae1e58d.jpg

c092befa.jpg

Really beautiful.
I'm curious about the sound  jazz+jb combo on mahogany body and goncalo neck.

Thanks all  :icon_biggrin:

Well I have used many of SD's pickups on my builds, Try for some different combo's each time.
So I went with this combo as they are one of Seymour's favourite combo's & one's I hadn't used yet.
Think you'll find this combo on many guitars that have been built. Plus used in all shapes too..
Like … Ibanez, Deans, Jackson, Parker's etc
So if you really want to hear what they sound like to your ears, I suggest try one of those in your music shop …. may-be.
Well thats what I did.

I was more a Gibson person in my earlier days (still have a couple) that are great.
So I was trying for a warmer gibby sound to it, Hence the name …
Being it had a Mahogany Body & the Goncalo Alves neck. Dose seem / sound warmer.
It's routed as HSH so I could try other pickup combo's in this.
But 90% of my Strat's have either Hum pickups or single hum's, plus different necks.
:icon_scratch: So it's kind of hard to describe …
Thou I like what I hear with the Jazz & JB & this is only wired up to a basic 3 Way Strat Switch … simple controls.  :toothy11:

Haven't tried it though my amps yet as I have more of a studio set-up. Sounds great though that.
They are both very nice & powerful pickups thou, seem to be a very good match up together. As articles state.
But so are SD's  '59 & Dimebucker together. (which I have on a V)

I think either the Jazz or JB SD's could go nicely with other SD's like '59, Pearly Gates or Custom Custom etc.
Might even try that someday, but for now they are just a fine in this combo indeed.  :icon_thumright:

Thanks again  :icon_biggrin:

Back