Blackbird Telecaster: Body work in progress...

That does look like a fine head start! Lay your tension jig right on top of that and trace around it. Few minutes with a band saw make you a nice cut out, either that, or maybe route a recess right into the wood to accept your jig. I made mine out of plywood 'cause I got a heap of it laying around from various projects.  :icon_jokercolor:

Plywood might be the better way to go if I'm gonna use my existing dummy body. Those bodies mostly have control cavities and so forth already cut into them, so by the time I relieve it enough for my widget they might too fragile to live. Have to think about this.

BigSteve22 said:
Neck Jig 3.0, the final word........

Tension assembly, with neck, mounted to the body.
FVzgC0n.jpg
Very cool. GOM next month? :icon_biggrin:

Could be. Next month should be an owner/wood nymph/pixie finished month. He's at least an "owner"...

I've certainly seen worse burst jobs come out of so-called major manufacturers.  Nice touch.

Bagman67 said:
I've certainly seen worse burst jobs come out of so-called major manufacturers.  Nice touch.
Thanks. Just a cardboard cutout and a rattle can. Figured this was a good opportunity to try my hand and see how it went. Not too shabby, especially for less than 5 minutes work!  :icon_jokercolor:

Back