10 -16" Compound Radius,
Standard Thin Neck
Mother Of Pearl Dot Inlay
Sperzel Lok Tuners
Custom Dougie Neck Plate  :icon_thumright:

… Hardware ...

Tone Pros Bridge
Top & Bottom Ferrels
Bare Knuckles Humbucker  Mule (Neck)                                                                   
Bare Knuckles Humbucker  Abraxas (Bridge)
3 Way Switch 
2 x 500K CTS Pots 
Orange Drop Capacitor
1 x Vol, 1 x Tone
Tele Heavy Knurled Knobs
Metal Mount Rings
Tremolo Cover Black / Red
Standard Strap Buttons

Sleeps in a Gator Hard Case

All Warmoth except the BK Pups, Custom Neck plate, Case, Cap, Knobs, Tuners & Strings
Many thanks to all at Warmoth, for their great products, support, help & advice.  :icon_thumright:
This Body & Neck just blew my mind away, when I received them. Still dose … WOW - WOW - WOW  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Also many thanks to all here that have helped / advised etc to me …. Very Much Appreciated.  :icon_thumright:
Special thanks goes to Doug for his continued great work on custom neck plates etc …. your the man !!  :icon_thumright:
Many thanks to @Tipperman for putting me onto Bare Knuckles Pickups (back when I was building the 'Emubird' Firebird)
Thank you, those sure are top pickups, love them.  :icon_thumright:

This is one hell of a guitar, the sound & playability is just amazing !!  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:
:doh: (Think I'll sell my unused Gibson SG 61' Reissue) NOW this Warmoth Strat is alive & kicking Butt.

Thanks for looking.  :icon_biggrin: Updown  :toothy10:

Camera Rolling ...  :laughing7:
I never get sick of looking at this one, thats for sure !!

21b2ad25.jpg

1c0511ae.jpg

051ea9ba.jpg

c9ac39e1.jpg

0af3e447.jpg

6781dc9c.jpg

a9bfa92e.jpg

35bd5017.jpg

a332e197.jpg

4f6538ea.jpg

0c89b460.jpg

1e283098.jpg

8f15ecf0.jpg

9cd52130.jpg

9c7c4417.jpg

83160144.jpg

8e6a2875.jpg

8a135844.jpg

8b856a0d.jpg

62ab5a1e.jpg

c0779089.jpg

e70534e3.jpg

115509c6.jpg

67cc2597.jpg

'Tis a beautiful thing you have put together there. You should be proud. If it sounds half as good as it looks, you've got an heirloom piece.

Beautiful!  I'd love to hear your thoughts on those Abraxas pups.  I'm considering them for my next build.

Lovely... just lovely. You did a fantastic job, right down to the wiring. Fine example of the breed!

Many thanks all  :icon_thumright: for your kind comments, glad you all like it …. I love it  :toothy12:

Yep she's a beauty alright. Everything about it is spot on !!
Just have basic wiring with 3 Way Strat Switch 1 x Vol & 1 Tone.
The String though gives a great sustain, plus not having wood removed for a term, just seems better sounding.
(think I'll do another one like this) But chambered next time.

Could always add another Vol & Tone, for more variation, to make it more like my Gibby SG '61 reissue or even add a GK-3 Kit.  :icon_jokercolor:
(But … I don't really want to)

crash said:
Beautiful!  I'd love to hear your thoughts on those Abraxas pups.  I'm considering them for my next build.

The way it is now is just fine & kicks butt over my SG …… dose that answer the pickup Q's.  :icon_biggrin:
This could easily replace my SG '61 Reissue  :toothy10: ... dose that answer the pickup Q's.  :icon_biggrin:

These are my 1st Bare Knuckle Pup's & must say these are very good for what I like.
I just took a punt on these pickups from a tip off from @Tipperman ie: The Mule, Pup's…. then some more research.

Got 'The Mule' in the Neck & 'Abraxas' in the Bridge. I do like the sound of these very much.
Now is that because this is my 1st built string though body …..  :icon_scratch:  Not sure.
Only ones of this brand BKP I have, so all I can say at the moment is, they seem to be a nice combo together …. Both have balls !!

Will report more on these, a little later on …. when I've played it more, and nice & loud though my amp.
I'm in more of a studio setup here & all sounds damm fine indeed ..... Let you know.

Thought this guitar would look much better as it is here ….. Plain Jane !!
Rather than heaps of switches etc.  :laughing7:

I Love it !!  :cool01:
Thanks again.

While your other two projects are great looking guitars, this one is my favourite. Very, very classy. And that maple top is yummi. Enjoy! :headbang1:

Gilmore said:
WHAT?? Another one!!!!

Outstanding. :)
:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: Many thanks indeed :icon_biggrin:

noname said:
While your other two projects are great looking guitars, this one is my favourite. Very, very classy. And that maple top is yummi. Enjoy! :headbang1:
Thank you  :icon_biggrin: & Yep ... it's one of those ones that if you  :glasses9:  :glasses9: at it hanging in a shop, you'd say ...... :blob7: must have  :blob7: must own  :blob7: must buy

Yummie indeed  :toothy10:

You have no clue how pleased I am to see you went with BKP. The Mule is the only humbucker I really thoroughly enjoy. EXCELLENT build Updown!

Tipperman said:
You have no clue how pleased I am to see you went with BKP. The Mule is the only humbucker I really thoroughly enjoy. EXCELLENT build Updown!
Ah yes thought you'd be pleased that I went BKP's and I thank you very much for alerting me to them.  :icon_thumright:
This is one guitar thats right at the top of my favorite Warmoth build's.
Basic switching & controls ....
It rocks  :party07: and thanks again  :icon_thumright:

Once again Updown, great job. If I was going to buy a strat, it would look similar to this.  :guitarplayer2:

Hey ... many thanks all  :icon_thumright:

Yep this is my MAIN go to guitar, just love every thing about it  :guitarplayer2:

Back