Anyone else notice the "New Member" section of the Home page and wonder...

War_in_D

..where their forum name comes from? LOL

Don't know if this has been done before, but I wonder if anyone would be interested in expounding upon their forum name and why you chose it?

I'll start.  Mine (War_in_D) comes from one of my favorited guitarist, and also my avatar pic.. Warren DeMartini (Warren D).  I believe it's also the name of the little instrumental that precedes the song "Shame, Shame, Shame" on the Detonator album/disc by Ratt.  I've been using this forum name for nearly every forum I've ever been on.. so if you've seen it before somewhere else, it was likely me. 

Mine came from the Phil Hill. Arguably the greatest Grand Prix Driver who ever lived.

I guess I don't have a lot of imagination when it comes to my handle. My name is Michael and I live in Georgia.

Graduate of KU and joined the service at the 190th Air Refueling Wing (Kansas Coyotes!).

Red Dwarf. Ace Rimmer and Mr Flibble.

Used to use this name everywhere, made signing up for things nice and brainless, however in the last couple of years it's come to my attention that there are a few copycats here and there so I do need to think of a new one.

120562074_3566750240042113_6979521730820077765_n.jpg

And I have an R6.... :icon_biggrin:

I stole it back when I was trying to play garage machinist and the internet was more disjointed (and it didn't feel like stealing so long as you weren't in the same circles). I think there are at least 6 or 8 others of me out there.

War_in_D said:
..where their forum name comes from? LOL

Don't know if this has been done before, but I wonder if anyone would be interested in expounding upon their forum name and why you chose it?

I'll start.  Mine (War_in_D) comes from one of my favorited guitarist, and also my avatar pic.. Warren DeMartini (Warren D).  I believe it's also the name of the little instrumental that precedes the song "Shame, Shame, Shame" on the Detonator album/disc by Ratt.  I've been using this forum name for nearly every forum I've ever been on.. so if you've seen it before somewhere else, it was likely me.
I picked up on yours instantly, but whenever I see it it makes me think it's the name of a song. And two guitarists are duke'n it out on stage... :dontknow:

Ive mentioned else where that i go by Rob because of a bad snapchat experience (check my post history for teh deets) but the story behind the broccoli is something else entirely. when i was about ten a friend and i constructed a clubhouse in my backyard using some discarded 2x4's found down the road. we named it the 'THE KISS CLUB' due a particular band being popular at the time and performed intensive entry exam in which the applicant had to know all the words to Love Gun and also not be a girl.

btw, does KISS still tour? they're so old they should change the lyrics to you 'll drive us mild, we'll drive Miss Daisy

a few days later after school (having managed to recruit a few members by promising laminated member ship cards  and also changing the exam to "know all the band members' names") we all went to my place to have our first official Kiss CLub meeting only to discover my sister (outraged by the 'no girls' rule & armed with gallons of paint leftover from some of our houses' remodeling) had painted the clubhouse pink and added "ing" to the end of KISS. i tried to roll with it and invite some grils but they said no when i smiled at them and guess what, had some broc in my teeths.

now i only use "SeaCrest Out" toothpaste which is a tube of the leftover bits of discarded paste that ryan seacrest didn't squeeze completely out of his tubes. it always gets the vegetables SeaCrest Out

stratamania is a play on words, strat, short for stratocaster. Where I was brought up a lot of folks pronounced stratocaster as strat-A-caster which gives strata. But strata is also the plural of stratum which is a sedimentary rock layer. But also strata is an American cuisine dish.

Mania is sometimes used to describe a fan of something.

So when all is said and done I could be a rock fan, a fan of American food, someone who likes strats or stratAcasters.

DangerousR6 said:
I picked up on yours instantly, but whenever I see it it makes me think it's the name of a song. And two guitarists are duke'n it out on stage... :dontknow:

:eek:ccasion14:

Attachments

• Crossroads duel.jpg
    Crossroads duel.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 152
Mine’s an anagram of my real last name

Grinnlo,
Ringnol,
Ringlon,
Longrin,
Nolgrin,
Girlonn,
Grloinn,
Ningrol
:icon_jokercolor:

I'm Rick.  I had a problem with a lost email account ... so I became Rick2. It's a two-step program.

rick2 said:
I'm Rick.  I had a problem with a lost email account so I became Rick2.

Why don'tcha just ask DangeriousDoug to reset your password... and then tell you what it is... on your new account...

... Never mind.  :tard:

"Street Avenger" is a carburetor made by Holley. Obviously not guitar-related, but I'm also into old cars.

Back