Another tremolo question

LarsXI

I need to make a decision regarding my bridge. I'm prepared to get a hipshot along with graphite nut and locking tuners. However, I've recently begun thinking about a licensed floyd rose and routing it with a recess. I'd like to be able to get a lot of mileage out of my trem, with both upbends and downbends. I also expect to be able to bend strings without other strings going flat.
Is a floyd truly versatile enough to justify the setup time? Does the fender style trem setup lose its advantages when tricks such as the tremsetter become necessary for it to work in tune correctly?

Having been a Floyd user for 2 decades, I can tell you that it's definitely worth it.

Having had the tremsetter for over 2 years in my main guitar and recently switching to a Tremol-no, I can tell you I'd much rather have the tremol-no over the tremsetter.

The tremsetter takes some adjusting to make it return to zero, and when it does, it is very stiff feeling, not natural feeling at all.

The tremol-no on the other hand, can be set manually to free floating, hard tail, or dive only, and it feels completely natural.  You only know it's there when it is engaged in dive only or hardtail, and that's it, and in those modes it feels completely natural & smooth.

true bro..!!  i also ditch the HIPSHOT TREMSETTER .. it felt somkinda stiff, with a slightly un'smooth feel at ZERO position..plus its takes time to set it up.. nuff sezs.. now i'm blocking the floyd with my custom made Tremo'nol

or u can get it here..
http://www.axcessories.com

AX_Featured_item_Oct2006.gif

I've had several production guitars with liscensed floyds on them and my newly completed warmoth build has an original floyd in it and i will never go back.  and they aren't too bad to set up really once you get the hang of it.  and how much time are you going to be setting it up really?  an hour or two for a really great basically permanent set up.  I've never used a tremo-no or any type of return to zero device and have no complaints with my original floyd.

Back