ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

jay4321 said:
I see this as an excellent opportunity for Warmoth to consider some of the repeated requests that they've been unable to attend to. Things such as:

Decal print and application services for Warmoth-original headstock designs
The licence with Fender specifically proscribes putting anything at all on the headstocks.

I can't see LP style neck, I remember that only the body would disappeared, while W would continue to produce LP style headstock... What's happen?

SustainerPlayer said:
Marco78 said:
I can't see LP style neck, I remember that only the body would disappeared, while W would continue to produce LP style headstock... What's happen?

You missed this.

I have read. Does it means that LP style body and neck wouldn't available neither is a slightly different form?  :sad1:

Marco78 said:
Does it means that LP style body and neck wouldn't available neither is a slightly different form?  :sad1:

What form the new non G-infringing "slightly different form" will be - no one knows yet (except the demi-gods at W).

SustainerPlayer said:
What form the new non G-infringing "slightly different form" will be - no one knows yet (except the demi-gods at W).

:sad1: I want a classic body and neck...  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Jumble Jumble said:
jay4321 said:
I see this as an excellent opportunity for Warmoth to consider some of the repeated requests that they've been unable to attend to. Things such as:

Decal print and application services for Warmoth-original headstock designs
The licence with Fender specifically proscribes putting anything at all on the headstocks.

Unless that has changed, when I was first aware of what Warmoth could do, their paper catalog and website viewed via dialup said they could apply logos before finish.  The sticklers were that it could not be a Fender logo or in the Fender location, whatever that means.  I haven't seen anything lately about it though, and if it were me I wouldn't provide that service.  1.) It would always be in the wrong place.  "I didn't want it there, I wanted it here" or "I wanted it inline with the strings, not the lines of the headstock."  2.)  They are usually custom and the person applying it only has one shot to get it right.  "Can you send us another $15 waterslide decal?  We mucked it up."

Of course I don't expect they'd do all or even most of the things I mentioned, just that they could consider some. With the large number of body & neck styles being discontinued, some extra services they didn't have time for before for might be worth revisiting now. Certainly the first five features I listed would appeal to people and seem unlikely to foul any existing licenses.

Now that all the big G bodies and necks have been eliminated, is there any info on what Warmoth has in the works as a replacement?

I really enjoy both my Warmoth LP's, but am looking for an additional LP type guitar in the near future. Have to have that tuneomatic/stoptail. :)

I could see that sorta-SG moving a few units, but that sorta-LP is one sad piece of work. Looks like a cartoon of a Picasso reject.

Back