ANNOUNCEMENT: Gibson styled products

Maybe now is the time to introduce a hollow/chambered LPS with F-holes - that ought to make it look different to a Gibson... 

Oh God.

I just realized this effects Explorers and SG's...

WHY GOD? WHY YOU GOTTA TAKE MY POINTY AWAY?!

I know that only the neck are covered by copyright and not the bodies, while W continues to build neck, but no more bodies!! Why?

Marco78 said:
I know that only the neck are covered by copyright and not the bodies, while W continues to build neck, but no more bodies!! Why?

With Fender the headstock shape is protected, not the body.  With Gibson, don't know. 

With Gibson, it's whatever they think it will cost you too much to defend against.

</snark>

This email I just got from Guitar Center puts an interesting twist on things:

Here is the latest news from our buying teams... We thought you would like to know.

Gibson is getting ready to release several exciting new guitar lines, and so they've just discontinued the majority of their current USA-made electric guitars. In anticipation, Guitar Center has dropped prices on all the outgoing Gibson models. This includes dozens of Les Paul such as Studios, Classics, and Standards, as well as Firebirds, SG's, and more!

Some of the biggest discounts can be found on the 1961 SG Reissues (dropped to $1269), Nighthawk Studios (down to $839) and Les Paul Traditional Standards (under $2k in every finish).

I wonder what they'll replace the Les Paul with.

Wow, what da ya know, another Les Paul!!!

Fender and Gibson have done nothing to expand their product line other than by simply re-branding the same instruments.  Sure, perhaps they've revised some of their building techniques, but it's still Strats, Tele's, LP's, SG's, and 335's.  The Ultra 339 is one of the few recent advances, but that's about it.

When did the ess gee become the "Short Horn"... :icon_scratch:

It's a friggin' ess gee... :doh:

I was pondering the short horn thing too. Maybe when all this happens there will be enough space at the site/on the wbe site for a Starcaster  :toothy10:

DangerousR6 said:
When did the ess gee become the "Short Horn"... :icon_scratch:

It's a friggin' ess gee... :doh:

I was thinking that I had been living in another dimension until today where shorthorns were called SG's... I have never referred to an Short Horn as shorthorn!! or heard anybody else do that.

*ohh I see, this is some kind of auto correct, just like no-no and sweetwater!

Back