Anniversary Telecaster

Hey, no need to talk shitee about people
who has things you wish you did.

Tonar,
The strat body is looking great!

pt1833C.jpg

That is sweet

Hey, Tonar.  How would that fare on a flamed maple neck/fretboard?  Any concerns about blotchiness when using on a figured male neck?  Thanks, man.

I have never used it on a neck so I would be reluctant to say if you could get good results. If you looking for a vintage tint for a neck that is usually done with shading lacquers or in my case I use Zinsser Amber Shellac.

Hey everyone, updates!

So our anniversary has passed, and this year I got the neck for this beauty! I don't have pictures right now, because my camera died....but I will be home soon for thanksgiving, so you will have to wait like a week.

Specs:

BE maple (or maybe just plain maple with some birds)/ Indian Rosewood neck
Pro construction
Fatback contour (I'm really excited to try this contour out, it feels like a baseball bat!)
6105 frets
1 11/16" nut width
cream dots

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head. It's a beautiful neck and will look great on the body. I'm glad its not super heavily figured, cause the top on the guitar is the really showman here. I will be finishing this with linseed oil much like Tonar does his, except I will be doing the whole neck. No gloss on the headstock. Stay tuned!

That's no excuse, I'm sure your cell phone has a camera, so in essence there's no excuse for slacking... :laughing11:

Hey Doug,

try to be a little nicer to the guy...... maybe he just didn't think of the cell-camera.....
Things happen. Bet the pics will be great, when he puts them in here after Thanksgiving.

Bye  JULIA

juwel1998 said:
Hey Doug,

try to be a little nicer to the guy...... maybe he just didn't think of the cell-camera.....
Things happen. Bet the pics will be great, when he puts them in here after Thanksgiving.

Bye  JULIA

Don't worry, I know he's joking :icon_thumright:

But yeah Doug! :laughing7:

Hey rapfohl09,

I know, too. Just trying to get at him a little. Teasing, you know..... :icon_biggrin:
Just love doing it.

Bye  JULIA

rapfohl09 said:
Thanks everyone :) I'm really leaning towards the dye too. A couple of questions though.

Does anyone have any experience with that frog tape? I hear that it makes bleeding of the dye basically non-existent.

In the event of a bleed through underneath the tape, do you just sand till its gone?

Tonar, could you send me a PM about how much you would charge to dye the top of this and shoot some clear? Thanks.

I've haven't done a finish on a guitar yet but i can tell you this stuff works great for regular painting. From my understanding when it gets wet it swells and creates a stronger seal between the paint/dye and the area it is protecting. I never had a single drip make it under the tape on my baseboards in my house.

rapfohl09 said:
juwel1998 said:
Hey Doug,

Bye  JULIA

Don't worry, I know he's joking :icon_thumright:

But yeah Doug! :laughing7:

juwel1998 said:
Hey rapfohl09,

I know, too. Just trying to get at him a little. Teasing, you know..... :icon_biggrin:
Just love doing it.

Bye  JULIA

The fact that she was joking, combined with the fact that she is a relative newcomer makes that a supremely funny and awesome post.  You made my day.

Back on topic, can't wait to see this build completed.  It looks great so far.

Hey Nightclub Dwight,

Nightclub Dwight said:
The fact that she was joking, combined with the fact that she is a relative newcomer makes that a supremely funny and awesome post.  You made my day.

Thanks for the compliment, yeah, I have lived in the US for a school-year as a teen, so I do understand the type of humor / tease a little bit.......

Bye  JULIA

So I have some photos for you guys, and I am just trying to figure out how to re-size them. I could have sworn that I had figured out how to do it on IPhoto....

Does anyone know any free photo apps for mac? I just need something that is easier to resize the enormous pictures my camera takes...

Even the simplest photo apps usually provide for a way crop/resize images. Look for a function called "scale". It'll probably open a window that indicates the existing size, and you enter in a new size. You may only have to enter one dimension, and the other one will adjust to suit. But, I'm just guessing here going by what I've seen in Windows and Linux.

You could download The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) for the Mac. It's a Photoshop-type app that does probably 9,821 times as much as you need it to, and it's free.

Got it!!! I'll let the pictures do the talking :icon_thumright:

First some pictures of the neck.

I realize that none of them are really of the entire neck, but the maple washed out really badly. All in all though, I actually managed to take some nice pictures for once!

Attachments

• DSCF0467.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCF0469.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF0470.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 285
  • DSCF0471.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 263
And my favorites, here is the beautiful body. I just realized I never really posted proper pictures.

Again, I actually managed to get some good ones. The last one is my favorite :)

Attachments

• DSCF0475.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 376
  • DSCF0476.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 398
  • DSCF0473.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 717
  • DSCF0472.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 395
And two more, just to plug the amazing job that Tonar did :icon_thumright:

Attachments

• DSCF0477.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 370
  • DSCF0474.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 349
Very nice! That thing is gorgeous! Great choices all around. That's gonna be a helluva showpiece.

WOW  :icon_thumright: how the hell did I miss this one, I just don't know  :doh:

That just looks fantastic indeed, Wow Tonar, your very very good  :eek:  outstanding in fact !!

Now I know who to send a unfinished Body to  :kewlpics:

Back