AFTER BURNER

Death by Uberschall said:
DocNrock said:
Truth be known, DBU, overall you've made some pretty hot guitars.  Your playing is definitely better than mine at this time.  I lost my chops many years ago as I traded them for "surgery chops."  Pun fully intended.  :)

Alright, now you're making me blush.  :help:

No need to blush.  Nice playing, period.  I used to be able to play like that, but as you probably know, it's not like riding a bike.  Chops get lost pretty quickly.  I need to pick up my axes again and start playing.  I'm just afraid that after having not picked up a guitar after a couple of years that my chops will be gone and I'll have to re-learn them.  It is what it is.  Again, nice playing with Fall of August.   :icon_thumright:

If you want to avoid the "blush," post up some in car video of track laps or 1/4 mile runs in your Eclipse! 

DangerousR6 said:
I can play "chops"
[youtube=425,350]VBoImLUbaoE[/youtube]

I have chops!!  Does that count?? :toothy11:

Your chops > mine.  They definitely count.  I still want to see some in-car video from some hot laps or a 1/4 mile run!

DocNrock said:
DocNrock said:
Truth be known, DBU, overall you've made some pretty hot guitars.  Your playing is definitely better than mine at this time.  I lost my chops many years ago as I traded them for "surgery chops."  Pun fully intended.  :)

Alright, now you're making me blush.  :help:

No need to blush.  Nice playing, period.  I used to be able to play like that, but as you probably know, it's not like riding a bike.  Chops get lost pretty quickly.  I need to pick up my axes again and start playing.  I'm just afraid that after having not picked up a guitar after a couple of years that my chops will be gone and I'll have to re-learn them.  It is what it is.  Again, nice playing with Fall of August.   :icon_thumright:

If you want to avoid the "blush," post up some in car video of track laps or 1/4 mile runs in your Eclipse!  

Thanks for the compliment.  :eek:ccasion14:

Let me see what I can find.  :toothy11:

[youtube=425,350]gaDh8eKaOUc[/youtube]

This was around 2007 on my smaller turbo and smaller cams. Street trim, 93 oct pump gas, no N2O, drove it there and drove it home. A/C, stereo and cruise control kicking all the way.

Sorry about the loud truck, it's what I got lined up against.  :sad1:

[youtube=425,350]gaDh8eKaOUc[/youtube]

This was around 2007 on my smaller turbo and smaller cams. Street trim, 93 oct pump gas, no N2O, drove it there and drove it home. A/C, stereo and cruise control kicking all the way.

Sorry about the loud truck, it's what I got lined up against.  :sad1:

:icon_thumright:  11.7 is moving in an Eclipse and outstanding 60' time!

DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

*** cough *** cough ***

11.47  :laughing7:
meh, I can do that on my bike on the way home from work... :toothy12:

Tack on another 2800 pounds and let's talk. I'm 3510lbs with driver.  :laughing7:
Duuuuuude, either that's an aweful big golf club, or you need a diet... :doh:

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:

*** cough *** cough ***

Tack on another 2800 pounds and let's talk. I'm 3510lbs with driver.  :laughing7:

Not to keep derailing my own thread, but the DSMs have always been heavy cars compared to Hondas.

DangerousR6 said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
:icon_thumright:  11.7 is moving in an Eclipse and outstanding 60' time!

*** cough *** cough ***

11.47  :laughing7:

Tack on another 2800 pounds and let's talk. I'm 3510lbs with driver.  :laughing7:

Not to keep derailing my own thread, but the DSMs have always been heavy cars compared to Hondas.

Derailed...... :icon_jokercolor:
r169237_633087.jpg

:icon_biggrin:  :toothy11:  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:

*** cough *** cough ***

Whoops!

And sorry for derailing your thread.  :laughing7:

After Burner is definitly a sweet looking axe!

slight necropost . . . DbU, how much was the up-charge for that custom headstock? They say they start at $45 (don't they always?) and work up from there based on complexity. How "complex" (in dollars of course) did they consider your fancy little angle cut?

B3Guy said:
slight necropost . . . DbU, how much was the up-charge for that custom headstock? They say they start at $45 (don't they always?) and work up from there based on complexity. How "complex" (in dollars of course) did they consider your fancy little angle cut?

If I remember correctly it was $45 up-charge because it's just a slightly modified Warmoth headstock. But being the first one cut like that, they may feel it's worth more to them to do it again.

B3Guy said:

If I remember correctly it was $45 up-charge because it's just a slightly modified Warmoth headstock. But being the first one cut like that, they may feel it's worth more to them to do it again.
You told me it cost... :sad:
one-million-dollars.png

DangerousR6 said:
B3Guy said:

You told me it cost... :sad:
one-million-dollars.png
:laughing3:

Back