AC/DC on Friday

mullyman

Going to see AC/DC this coming Friday at Saitama Super Arena just outside of Tokyo. I haven't seen them since like 1988 or so. This will be my wife's first time to see them and she is really excited about it. Has anyone seen this tour? What kind of set list are we looking forward to? I hope they have the full stage set up over here with the train wreck, Rosie etc...
MULLY

I just saw in Philly.  Expect about 5-6 song from the new album and ALL of their old hits.

The highlight for me was Whole Lotta Rosie with a 3 story blow-up doll riding a steam engine!

Awesome show. I saw the Stiff Upper Lip tour and this is a better show. I saw them in Feb, from the new album they did:

Rock N Roll Train
Big Jack
Black Ice
War Machine

I wanted to here Anything Goes but they've cut that from the set list.

Keep your eyes on the tv screens during The Jack  :icon_thumright:

I have a ticket for the show in Louisville next month. I wasn't paying attention both times they came around my area, so I'll be driving 9 hours each way.

Wana's made a guitar said:
I saw it. It was pretty awesome for some old guy's pushin' 60+.

You know, a lot of people give AC/DC crap for being a 3 chord band. I gotta say though that AC/DC are the ultimate "rock band". They've stuck to their guns and have done their thing for damn near 40 years now and they are still rocking. You can't go to an AC/DC show and walk out unsatisfied. They just flat out rock. I'm really excited about this show.
MULLY

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ewRjoI7QU[/youtube]

mullyman said:
Wana's made a guitar said:
I saw it. It was pretty awesome for some old guy's pushin' 60+.

You know, a lot of people give AC/DC crap for being a 3 chord band. I gotta say though that AC/DC are the ultimate "rock band". They've stuck to their guns and have done their thing for damn near 40 years now and they are still rocking. You can't go to an AC/DC show and walk out unsatisfied. They just flat out rock. I'm really excited about this show.
MULLY

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ewRjoI7QU[/youtube]
I've heard alot of people babble about Angus before, that he just plays 3 chords. And I say that they can F-off, he's a awesome and talented guitar player, and he's got plenty of albums, fans and money to prove it... :icon_thumright:

DangerousR6 said:
I've heard alot of people babble about Angus before, that he just plays 3 chords. And I say that they can F-off, he's a awesome and talented guitar player, and he's got plenty of albums, fans and money to prove it... :icon_thumright:

Whenever anyone talks about Angus' 3 chords I just like to tell them that he took those 3 chords and came up with some of the most classic riffs ever put on tape with them. Sure, he's not Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert, but on the same note......those guys surely are no kind of Angus. To this day I have yet to hear anyone that can play the riff to Back in Black and make it sound right. I've heard ones that are close, but no one nails it.
MULLY

We're talking chords and no love for Malcolm? It's the two of them together that makes the AC/DC sound. Angus just happens to be the one jumping around out front.  :blob7:

richship said:
We're talking chords and no love for Malcolm? It's the two of them together that makes the AC/DC sound. Angus just happens to be the one jumping around out front.  :blob7:

True enough. They both deserve their spot on the wall of fame.
MULLY

Back