Brush with fame

Yeah, I should have. If I had known she was going to go on to become Carmen Electra I probably would have.
MULLY

I too got to hang out with VH in 1998, in the Gary Sharone era. This was from the Billboard Live in Hollywood, CA. It was the premiere of VH3 before the tour. Also met Satriani at Tower records the day before...
VH3.jpg

2388850292_a9c9caf436_m.jpg

Also when I was a kid living in AZ. back in the 70's, John Wayne had a ranch just outside of the town I lived and my mom and step dad were invited to several parties he held there, my step dad was the sheriff So I got to meet JW a couple times.

mullyman said:
Yeah, I should have. If I had known she was going to go on to become Carmen Electra I probably would have.
MULLY

So she didn't look good enough to you as-is, you would have had to have known she'd be famous one day to work your mulleted charisma on her? Wow, you have high standards.  :doh:

knucklehead G said:
mullyman said:
MULLY

So she didn't look good enough to you as-is, you would have had to have known she'd be famous one day to work your mulleted charisma on her? Wow, you have high standards.  :doh:

Now I know where you got the name Knucklehead. Dude, she was a student of my mom's. Girls in the studio were off limits. 2 other things too, 1) I've always been into Asian women and 2) she's always been into black guys. I think it's obvious from my picture that I don't fit that bill.
MULLY
and a mullet is long in back, short on the sides. I've never had a mullet.

mullyman said:
knucklehead G said:
mullyman said:
MULLY

Now I know where you got the name Knucklehead. Dude, she was a student of my mom's. Girls in the studio were off limits. 2 other things too, 1) I've always been into Asian women and 2) she's always been into black guys. I think it's obvious from my picture that I don't fit that bill.
MULLY
and a mullet is long in back, short on the sides. I've never had a mullet.

thats funny cuz when i was in japan all the asian women were into black guys!
northern japan is a weird place. if you weren't decked out in wild clothing you didn't get noticed by anyone, being clean cut with a button down shirt and jeans was a good way not to get laid. it was all about gimmicks over there. if you looked like you stared in a rap video you were set. but that wasn't for me. i'm all for personal expression but expressing myself usually means being comfortable and relaxed and good conversation with good people not being daring or loud. thats not to say there weren't respectable japanese girls in the area, they just didn't hangout in clubs on a saterday night waiting to meet americans. i never picked up enough japanese to have a conversation with the kind of girl i'd like to meet and the opritunity was rare at that.

There was a period of about 2 or 3 years where black guys were favored, but, like you said, in clubs and places like that. There are plenty of Japanese women into us pale faces.
MULLY

I painted a picture of Sufjan Stevens and sent a jpeg of it to his record label.  His secretary liked it so much that she ordered a print and gave it to Sufjan's stepdad for Christmas.  So theoretically my work is being enjoyed by Sufjan's family.  Asthamatic Kitty also sent me a Come on Feel the Illinoise! shirt and a cd that I didn't already have. 

I've met a ton of famous people too, but no super cool stories that can be shared in a public forum with women and children haha.   Also, no really cool stories in general.  Wait, that's not entirely true.  I met Krist Novoselic a couple times, the interesting story was at a rally for the repeal of the Seattle Teen Dance Ordinance.  Juno played (and ruled).  Krist sat next to me early on, started talking to me about things people were saying, and I just talked to him like a normal dude and played it cool.  When it was over, he thanked me for not treating him like a celebrity, and I said, "yeah, I just figured it must get old."  We sat there talking while my (extremely hot) girlfriend went to the restroom.  He told me that she was really beautiful, and I asked him if he'd write her a note that said that.  He was happy to do it, and we shook hands and parted.  I waited till we were in the car on the way home, and she was excited.  

Ummm, I also met Kurt, but it was after Bleach came out at the Pietro's Pizza on Hosmer in Tacoma.  He had dark hair and stank.  I couldn't have been less interested in talking to him.

I sorta met Dave Grohl too.  My buddy used to deliver pizzas to his Edmonds house (before his wife left him), and I rode in his car a few times and delivered his pizza once~

I played in a band that played with Dogstar (Keanu Reeves' band).  He's nice.  That's all I'm saying haha.

I met Soundgarden rehearsing at the Moore before the Badmoterfinger tour.  Those guys are all class acts... just super nice.

Um, I met the guy who sold Layne Staley heroin.  I used to take a buddy to work at the same shop where the Green River Killer worked.  We called him "the creepy guy."  He's not a rock star, unless killing hookers is music now.  You never know, people call Nickelback music too.

I got to see Greg Gaffin try to get in the pants of a 16 year old girl, and I never bought another Bad Religion record.  I couldn't get over how creepy that was.

I saw Sublime play in some guy's basement for El Hefe's birthday party.

I was taken backstage at the Warped Tour by the singer from the Suicide Machines to have the vegan chef make me a meal, haha.

I got in free to the GWAR/Misfits all ages show because I saw Jerry Only lifting weights outside the bus, and I asked him if there was any way to get into the sold out show.  He walked me and my girl around for like 20 minutes, and got us passes and backstage passes.  He was a great guy and super polite.  

-Mark

We sure did.... and they made us stand in line for about 5 hours in total!
it was well worth it!

[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tx1XIm6q4r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tx1XIm6q4r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I've met George Clinton briefly. About year ago or two at B.B King's

Marko said:
We sure did.... and they made us stand in line for about 5 hours in total!
it was well worth it!
We stood in line for over 6 hrs several years ago for a Ozzy and Some members of BlackSabbath, and we're like 4 people from the door. And they decide they've had enough, I decided right then, never again. I like Ozzy, but I ain't standing in line for hours and be turned away...

mullyman said:
Marko said:
so ehm Mully, didn't you actually "do" a future celebrity?? or am I thinking of someone else ???

Well, I grew up with Carmen Electra. She was a student at my mom's dance school. We hung out quite a bit but, I have to be honest, I never hit it.
MULLY

Here ya go, Carmen Electra at 16 years old. Yeah, a young MULLY too.
carmenf.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTtg0kxs6I&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/user/MODTV&feature=player_profilepage#t=35
forgot to mention i went to school with this girls older sister. emily also went to the same school but was in 6th or 7th grade when i graduated, i have seen her face around though,

also this one graduated only one year before me. but she only got less atractive since the fitness model career took off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUIlCkP37wE

ok neither of them are house hold names like carmen electra and i dont have pictures of myself next to either of them but i,m just saying.

washingtonville has a lot of famous grads and you wouldn't expect it, it is really mostly coincidence. just a normal school in the new york suburbs. explaining where it is gets tricky though, the normal question is "is that upstate" really the answer is no but if you say that they think everything outside the city is upstate and cant be told other wise. if you say yes they think it is by rochester or albany, then you say by newburg, they may know where that is but if not you say middletown or poughkeepsie where they say poughkeepsie isn't really upstate, i'm 20+ minutes south of poughkeepsie and noone believes that it's not "upstate" frustrating!

other washingtonville famous students include, mel gibson (no he's not an aussie or not till he was a teen anyway), james mangold (writer and directed cop land, girl interupted, walk the line and heavy the sole writer on some of those), tony gilroy (writer on the devils advocate, armageddon, bourne trilogy, micheal clayton, also directed and acted in micheal clayton which starred clooney and was filmed here, released in japan as "the fixer") and i believe tommy hilfigers son was a student there too.

I have met Carroll Shelby a couple times at the annual Kruse Auction (Auburn, IN) as well as Dave Thomas (of Wendy's fame)
Dave Grohl was on the same airplane flight as I around 2002. I was too nervous and couldn't think of anything good to say, so I didn't say anything.

When I was working 3rd shift at a truckstop I got to meet The Oakridge Boys. They were tired but friendly. I talked with their bus driver more than the artists. They were mostly interested in fresh coffee. They were all great guys. I don't think I've ever listened to a song of theirs (not my genre) but I at least knew *of* them.  When I told my manager in the morning she nearly had a heart attack. Apparently she's got every album of theirs and had seen them live a good 20 times.

imminentG said:
[youtube=425,350]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tx1XIm6q4r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tx1XIm6q4r4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
??? :icon_scratch:

i don't know what to say to that  :tard:

Back