Brush with fame

I swear.. people at work say that crap too... I don't have red hair! Leave me alone!  :laughing7: :laughing7:

I had a one-on-one lesson with Alex Skolnick while I was in university (undergrad). It was jazz guitar and I was just starting out in jazz (i.e. I sucked at it even worse than I do now), so it seemed like a wasted opportunity. I'd have so many more useful questions to ask him if I could do it all over again. He was super patient and helpful nonetheless, despite the fact that he was dealing with a total neophyte. Incidentally, his jazz versions of rock and metal standards are pretty neat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1U2spTw5ww&feature=related

Oh, and once I played foosball with the Planet Smashers before their show, if that counts as a brush with fame. Nice bunch of guys, and a great Canadian ska band to boot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyMubC9vgPc

Luke said:
I swear.. people at work say that crap too... I don't have red hair! Leave me alone!  :laughing7: :laughing7:

hahahahahaha, I am one of them... and yes, you do have red hair!!!
Good one Doug!!!!

Just got back home from seeing Megadeth in Atlanta last night, was an awesome show, i won meet & greet passes from the website so i got to meet the two daves for a moment, they wouldn't let us take pictures though...  :icon_scratch:
though i did get autographs they had to be brief because there were several other people in line, but the concert itself was just phenomenal. it was a really cool to see them play Rust in Peace in it's entirety, can't wait to see them again.  :icon_thumright:

0321002257.jpg

Some sort of sf convention in town this weekend and I went on a whim. Result: Two cheap dvd finds and the attached.

Most of my recent ones I don't think most here will know as I am very CCM focused.

P1000397_edited2.jpg

Aaron Shust, Robyn and I

P1000396_edited2.jpg

Chris Sligh, Robyn and I

Can't locate the one with Newsboys, Robyn and I right now. SHould have a Casting Crowns shortly as well.

I met Warren Haynes and Jaimoe from the Allman Brothers Band.

Story goes like this:  My wife and I (she was my girlfriend at that time) went to see the Allman Brothers and Moe in Pittsburgh PA in 2005.  I learned a long time ago that if you wait till 20 minutes before show time to buy your tickets at the venue's box office, you can get pretty awesome seats!  We got 3rd row seats right in front of the audience mic they use for the CD's they release of the show.  So we went with her best friend and my best friend.  Ok, so we had an awesome show, Warren handed my wife a pick, blew her and her friend a bunch of kisses etc, it was kind of like Warren was playing for us and nobody else.  He was feeding off of our energy it seemed.  So the show is over, Little Martha comes over the PA and I see my wife and her friend talking with these two 10-12 year old girls.  So one thing leads to another and these girls give my wife and her friend passes for the meet and greet after the show!!  So my wife and I do the, "No, honey, you go!" thing back and forth a couple of times and I said (much to her dismay) "OK I'll go"  She was pissed for a little, but anyway, we went back to the area that they do these meet and greets and out comes Jaimoe.  Nice guy, but clearly unhappy that he got voted to do the meet n greet.  Said he couldn't find the groove all night!! Personally I thought they all sounded awesome, but I wasn't on stage contributing to the show.  So out comes Warren and wow was he friendly!!  I asked him about playing with the Dead and his solo work.  He said he really likes working with Phil Lesh and Bob Weir.  We chatted for about 45 minutes or so, got some autographs, and he actually went to the bus to get the band to autograph some stuff for my wife's dying uncle who was the biggest Allman Bros. fan I had ever met!  Really an awesme guy to get to meet! 

BigBeard said:
I met Warren Haynes and Jaimoe from the Allman Brothers Band.

Story goes like this:  My wife and I (she was my girlfriend at that time) went to see the Allman Brothers and Moe in Pittsburgh PA in 2005.  I learned a long time ago that if you wait till 20 minutes before show time to buy your tickets at the venue's box office, you can get pretty awesome seats!  We got 3rd row seats right in front of the audience mic they use for the CD's they release of the show.  So we went with her best friend and my best friend.  Ok, so we had an awesome show, Warren handed my wife a pick, blew her and her friend a bunch of kisses etc, it was kind of like Warren was playing for us and nobody else.  He was feeding off of our energy it seemed.  So the show is over, Little Martha comes over the PA and I see my wife and her friend talking with these two 10-12 year old girls.  So one thing leads to another and these girls give my wife and her friend passes for the meet and greet after the show!!  So my wife and I do the, "No, honey, you go!" thing back and forth a couple of times and I said (much to her dismay) "OK I'll go"  She was pissed for a little, but anyway, we went back to the area that they do these meet and greets and out comes Jaimoe.  Nice guy, but clearly unhappy that he got voted to do the meet n greet.  Said he couldn't find the groove all night!! Personally I thought they all sounded awesome, but I wasn't on stage contributing to the show.  So out comes Warren and wow was he friendly!!  I asked him about playing with the Dead and his solo work.  He said he really likes working with Phil Lesh and Bob Weir.  We chatted for about 45 minutes or so, got some autographs, and he actually went to the bus to get the band to autograph some stuff for my wife's dying uncle who was the biggest Allman Bros. fan I had ever met!  Really an awesme guy to get to meet! 

sounds awesome, i love the allman bros. and it is great to here they were happy to sign autographs for your wifes uncle. sounds like a great bunch of guys

Back