Not that anyone's noticed but...

Torment Leaves Scars

...I've been absent for nearly 3 weeks.  :help:  During the last week in February my wife and I attended the Monsters of Rock Cruise, which was AWESOME, and then I got sick.  I've been fighting this horrid cold/virus/whatever for the past few weeks and just haven't been in the mood to be scouring forums.  Well, I'm back!  :D

Here are some photos from the cruise!

EddieTrunkandDan-1.jpg

Eddie Trunk- That Metal Show

DanandRowanRobertsonDC4.jpg

Rowan Robertson of DC4/Dio

DanandRobertSweetStryper.jpg

Robert Sweet of Stryper

DanandMattDuncanDC4.jpg

Matt Duncan of DC4

DanandJeffDuncanDC4-1.jpg

Jeff Duncan of Odin/DC4/Armored Saint

DanandJaimeStJamesBlackNBlue.jpg

Jaime St. James of Black 'N Blue

Here's a list of who was on the ship- Keel, Cinderella, Tesla, Kix, Stryper, Black 'N Blue, Helix, DC4, Odin, Ted Poley (Danger Danger), Eric Martin (Mr. Big), John Corabi, Night Ranger, Lynch Mob, Y&T, Motley Inc. (Crue coverband), Faster Pussycat, Bang Tango, Atomic Punks (VH coverband), and UFO.  I'm sure I'm missing a few, but those are the ones who come to mind.

We met all the bands at the Meet and Greet and unsurprisingly, there were a few douchebags.  Some of them were just pretty much unapproachable...Cinderella, Brian Wheat (Tesla), Ace Von Johnson (Faster Pussycat), Helix (except the guitarist), Night Ranger, XYZ, and UFO (except Vinnie Moore).

I was really looking forward to meeting George Lynch and while I've heard he's an ass, he was okay to me.  Unfortunately, he did NOT put on a good show and really didn't address the crowd at all during their set.  Personally, I thought it was rude, considering everyone was there to see HIM.  He also did another set a few nights prior and just hid in the back by the amps, making no contact with the crowd whatsoever.  :icon_scratch:

Now, for the good stuff.  ALL of the guys from Keel were AWESOME.  They put on the best show on the entire ship.  They left it all on the stage, and they were real humble guys, to boot!  They were just AWESOME.  If you have a chance to see them, DO IT!

All the guys from Black 'N Blue were very cool, especially lead singer, Jaime St. James.  That's a man who loves his fans!  AWESOME guy!

Aaron Samson of Odin was totally awesome.  I'm sorry I didn't get a pic with him, but wow, what a cool dude!

The guys from DC4 were very cool, and they kicked some SERIOUS ass!  Given their lack of popularity, nobody really paid them much attention, but they caught my ear!  It was kinda sad because nobody was even standing for their set when they played one of the clubs on the ship.  Anyway, they seriously rocked and I immediately ordered both their cds when we got home.  :toothy10:

All the guys from XYZ were very cool.  I got a drumstick from the drummer, too!  :cool01:

Anyway, it was just a really good time and I could go on and on about it.  All I can say is that I would really like to do it again next year!  :headbang1:

Updown said:
Daze of October said:
Updown said:
So which one's you  :icon_jokercolor:  :laughing7:

Guess!  :D
OK  :icon_scratch:
NO hair / Tongue and missing your 2 middle fingers  :icon_biggrin:

You're right!  Haha!  Jaime St. James was funny...he was totally thrashed.  He put his hands on my head and rubbed it like a crystal ball, then asks me, "What happened to your hair?"  I said, "I banged it all out at your show today!"  He just laughed.  It was quite funny, considering I commented to my wife on the big shiny spot on the back of his head I spotted during their set that afternoon!

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
Very cool, if I were to go on a cruise, that'd be the way to keep my attention from the swaying ship.

Honestly, those ships are so big you rarely notice the sway, Tony.  The only time you may notice it is if you pass through some really rough waters.  Most of the time, if you notice anything at all, it'll be a slight "shimmy," and that's usually if you're in the front of the ship.

Props on the 'Killers' shirt!

:icon_thumright:

I wish I could meet Eddie Trunk, just so I could scream: "UFO sucks!" and then kick him in the nuts...

:laughing7:

ORCRiST said:
Props on the 'Killers' shirt!

:icon_thumright:

I wish I could meet Eddie Trunk, just so I could scream: "UFO sucks!" and then kick him in the nuts...

:laughing7:

Well, I'll tell ya what, I'm not a UFO fan but man, they sure did kick ass...well, Vinnie Moore did.  It was more like the "Vinnie Moore and Friends" show.  The man is AMAZING, and to think he was my ex-girlfriend's next-door neighbor, priceless. 

His parents are awesome.  They'd always be outside and just real sociable people.  His father and I got to talking about Vinnie and I got to hear all sorts of stories of when he was a kid and stuff, basically about how devoted he was to playing and that sort of thing.  I obviously mentioned I was a fan of Vinnie and he gave me a few posters and a few CDs.  It was really cool.  Unfortunately, those things got left at the ex's and were never to be seen again.  :sad1:

Eddie Trunk is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.  Until I  met him, he always just sort of annoyed me and I figured he was just some "VH1 douchebag," but he's actually very cool.  The guy was talking to everybody and just...cool.

Back