A pair of Teles

bob7point7

I just finished my second warmoth, a walnut Tele with a rosewood neck. While I was working on this one, my fiance picked up a used Schecter PT (it's her first electric guitar). The original neck was gone, so she promptly ordered up a Warmoth neck. Now we've been having a friendly debate to decide who has the cooler Tele. We'd love to hear everyone's opinions....

Thanks,
-Bobbie

Here are the details on the walnut Tele:
2 piece walnut body from the showcase, stained with a mixture of mahogany and spiced walnut, finished with Minwax Wipe-On Poly
Indian rosewood neck with Indian rosewood fretboard and abalone inlays from the showcase, 6105 frets, corian nut
Gotoh tele humbucker bridge and Gotoh adjustable height vintage locking tuners
Seymour Duncan P-Rails with a 5 way Super Switch and On-On toggle to get the following combinations:

Toggle up:
1. Bridge P90
2. Bridge series humbucker
3. Both P90's
4. Neck series humbucker
5. Neck P90

Toggle down:
1. Bridge parallel humbucker
2. Bridge rail
3. Both rails
4. Neck rail
5. Neck parallel humbucker

Here are the specs on the goldtop Tele:
Alder Schecter PT body
Maple neck with some flame and some birdseye figuring, pau ferro fretboard, Tru-Oil finish, 6105 frets, corian nut
Gotoh vintage tuners (the rest of the hardware is from the Schecter)
Gibson '57 classic pickups

If memory serves me correctly, PT stands for Pete Townshend. I think he used those in the 80's or something. Custom made then, though.

Yeah, I think you're right, although I had no idea until she bought this guitar and we started doing a little research. By the way, my fiance is not amused that you liked mine better...  :laughing7:

She might be glad to hear that I'm less sure now. I didn't see the binding and dark back on the PT. I love goldtops, but not so big on all-gold.

Back