A little late but new amp day

TBurst Std

Last Thursday was new amp day. Or should I say processor.

Ultra.jpg

So far it is exceeding my expectations. Running it into a QSC HPR 122i.
Even the girlfriend commented on the improvement in tone. And thats over a Cornell Plexi and a 69 Bandmaster Reverb.
Once the rack is complete, I'll post another pic.

I heard some nice clips from a guy from Bare Knuckle Pickups forum with this FX, but might say that his tube amps sound more "organic" :)

cool man - - I'd love to have one, but they're out of my price range.

post some clips :icon_thumright:

It's on my short list, but my short list is kinda... long. :sad1: I need to win a lottery or sell some babies or rob a bank or something.

I've never heard of seen of these puppies before.  I assume it does amp modeling as well as effects?  switching via MIDI?

mayfly said:
I've never heard of seen of these puppies before.  I assume it does amp modeling as well as effects?  switching via MIDI?

Does all that and much more  :headbang:
Cab IRs, Mics, etc.

No more lugging a Plexi, a BMR and an AC (plus cabs for each and a pedal board) to cover the tonal needs.

No clips yet, need more finances to get an audio interface. It is in the plans as I am working on a home digital studio for the songwriting career push.

ok - you are now officially a Bastard (tm).

I've just spent about an hour on the AXE-Fx web page learning about this thing.  I've been using a VOX Tonelab and been reasonably happy, but there have been some things that were just a bit... off. 

Now I want one of these things.  Bastard.

Oh well, I never used that '66 super anyway...

P.S.  :eek:ccasion14:

mayfly said:
ok - you are now officially a Bastard (tm).

I've just spent about an hour on the AXE-Fx web page learning about this thing.  I've been using a VOX Tonelab and been reasonably happy, but there have been some things that were just a bit... off. 

Now I want one of these things.  Bastard.

Oh well, I never used that '66 super anyway...

P.S.  :eek:ccasion14:

LOL, I know what you mean. I was going to a Line 6 X3 (rack) when I heard about this. Spent a few months reading and listening to it. Spent some time talking with Scott Peterson (Axe Forum, P&W forum, TGP forum, I think a mod at all).

It was like major GAS attack. You just have to plan on a learning curve.
Already sold the Plexi and AC, the BMR and various cabs is getting ready to get listed as well as a 1939 Conn 4H Artist Special. That should help recoop some more of the finances.

Need to, just spent more today on a new Callaham bridge for the strat, as well as tuners, etc for the new neck coming Wed.
I'll post the neck and the callaham bridge I am replacing here in the classifieds. (Reason for replacement is going to 2 1/16 string spread from 2 7/32, that will make it more like the Tele build, the VIP and my Les).

That thing is sooo cool... My GT-8 feels very limited in comparison, I've actually begun to hit the ceiling of what I can do with it.

Axe-Fx.........sheesh. Its like that new medicine aciphex. Youd think people would listen to the way their product name sounds before they went public with it.

Back