Ideas for a new bass amp rig?

I didn't see it in any of the Ashdown specs, but can it power an extension cab too?  If so, is that 180 watts of the combo as is, or with the lowered ohm value of the extension cab?  I've seen combos marketed both ways as far as watts.  Goes back to what I was saying about impedance matching and knowing what you're getting.

If it says it can power an extension cab, with minimum impedance at 4 ohms, I take that to mean the speaker in the combo is 8 ohm and the extension cab would also be 8 ohm giving you a 4 ohm impedance total.  That is pretty standard.  What I'm unclear about, and can't find, is the 180 watts just the combo or the total impedance when using an extension cab?  If the freestanding combo, as is, is 180 watts, then with another speaker, it's proabably around a 300 watt head in there - which is good.  If the 180 watts is with the extension speaker, then that combo is not 180 watts.  I wish it said somewhere what the watts was at what ohm value.  Then you would know definitively what you were getting, or atleast I would. LOL

Hmmm in my experience they say what watts the combo is, but im not quite sure myself either. As ive only looked at bass amps properly when i first got my first bass.
Well soon as ive been to the dealer near university i shall ask and they can hopefully tell me the answer if they have one of them in stock.
But im glad you asked me about that,
Cause the mini rig just might be more powerful than 100 and the cabinet isnt big/good enough to do more than 100 watts?  :dontknow:
But ill definately ask and post there reply on here for you.

FWIW, one of my old bass rigs was an Ashdown ABM500 through two Bag End 15's.  The power rating on the Ashdowns are very conservative.  I never had any problems generating enough volume.  IMO, the Ashdowns sound great and are very flexible tonally.

Back