A guitar for a lifetime.~ My seafoam green/ canary neck stratocaster is done!!!

Gorgeous! It came out really well. I'm not a huge fan of the knobs, but that's just because they seem a bit tall for my tastes. I like the way they tie together with the neck though.

I'm gonna second what stratamania said and wait a bit before you call your setup done. I usually put the neck on and let it settle for a couple days, playing it occasionally, before doing the final relief and fretwork.

I just gotta ask, is the picture in your avatar of Lowers? Someplace in OC? Looks very familiar to me.

ihnpts said:
Wow... just.... wow. 

Surf n Music said:
Being my first electric I was kinda shooting in the dark a bit. 

Looks like you hit the bull's eye!  :headbang:  :icon_thumright:

Thanks a lot. Just tried to build what I always thought of. Couldn't be happier  :toothy12:

MikeW said:
Gorgeous! It came out really well. I'm not a huge fan of the knobs, but that's just because they seem a bit tall for my tastes. I like the way they tie together with the neck though.

I just gotta ask, is the picture in your avatar of Lowers? Someplace in OC? Looks very familiar to me.

Ya I'm not 100% stoked on the size of the knobs but I put push/pull pots on the volume and tone and I like how easy they are to grab n pull so I will keep em for a bit.

As for the wave I did a 4 month through South America and that was in Peru at a spot called Lobitos. Good memories  :icon_biggrin:. I don't get down to OC area much I am up here in Santa Cruz with good waves and COLD water!!

Surf n Music said:
MikeW said:

Ya I'm not 100% stoked on the size of the knobs but I put push/pull pots on the volume and tone and I like how easy they are to grab n pull so I will keep em for a bit.

As for the wave I did a 4 month through South America and that was in Peru at a spot called Lobitos. Good memories  :icon_biggrin:. I don't get down to OC area much I am up here in Santa Cruz with good waves and COLD water!!

Nice. Santa Cruz is a great place to surf. Was up there for a visit many years back and will always remember how cold the water was... In June!

I'm lucky down here in San Diego. Warm water for most of the year, but the summer surf can be pretty flat. Had a nice swell a couple weeks ago right before this latest storm came through. Good stuff. Let me know if you get down this way and we'll paddle out.

MikeW said:
Nice. Santa Cruz is a great place to surf. Was up there for a visit many years back and will always remember how cold the water was... In June!

I'm lucky down here in San Diego. Warm water for most of the year, but the summer surf can be pretty flat. Had a nice swell a couple weeks ago right before this latest storm came through. Good stuff. Let me know if you get down this way and we'll paddle out.
Thanks Mike and same to you. If you are ever up this way we can shoot up the coast. Some great waves betweens here and Frisco. Bring a 4/3  :laughing11:.
Eric R.

Some great waves betweens here and Frisco

And a lot of them fishes that are 16 feet long and have a lot of trouble telling the difference between retarded seals and those funny-looking seals with the tasty pre-attached snack handles and stupid little boats with no sides... :eek:
Being my first electric I was kinda shooting in the dark a bit. 
Looks like you hit the bull's eye!

Hmmph! Just beginner's luck... grumble grumble old fart grumblies...

That's way nice, there's only a few solid colors I really like (slightly dark red, Maroon/brick etc, a few of the darker metallic blues...) and seafoam is one. I like the knobs, though I might stick 'em on a drill for a bit and turn them down. But the woodiness works great with the neck and especially the binding!  Good show!

StübHead said:
And a lot of them fishes that are 16 feet long and have a lot of trouble telling the difference between retarded seals and those funny-looking seals with the tasty pre-attached snack handles and stupid little boats with no sides... :eek:

Hmmph! Just beginner's luck... grumble grumble old fart grumblies...

That's way nice, there's only a few solid colors I really like (slightly dark red, Maroon/brick etc, a few of the darker metallic blues...) and seafoam is one. I like the knobs, though I might stick 'em on a drill for a bit and turn them down. But the woodiness works great with the neck and especially the binding!  Good show!

Ha I think they look at us and think look at that plump little seal that can barley swim! Sweet!! Then they take a bite and think dam! Taste like shit! That is my theory at least since they usually seem to take a bite, swim off and leave ya bleeding.

Now for my other theory, instead of seeing it as beginners luck I like to look at it as my masterful expression of my artistic nature shinning through ... or  :dontknow: maybe just beginners luck  :icon_scratch: but either way I am stoked!!

Well just a little update. All is good. and I love her. Everything has settled and there is no buzz and the action is low. Just trying to figure out the tremelo use, luckily for everyone I have no recording equipment so you don't have to be subjected to my shameful attempts at SRV. With practice it is coming along though and I am enjoying the hell of practicing  :icon_biggrin:
f95e9348-10a2-451a-a7eb-3bd61a97b9f9.jpg

Back