A guitar for a lifetime.~ My seafoam green/ canary neck stratocaster is done!!!

protip: 4000x3000 images are about 3x larger than most users can view.  shrink them pls. tnx.

There are always going to be people who don't know to resize photos, so an easy trick that works in Firefox and Opera is to hit the control +/- keys. It'll expand/contract graphic images. It might work in Internet Exploder too, but I haven't loaded that horrorshow in many years.

One workaround is to right click on the thumbnail and open the link in a new tab - most browsers will shrink the image to fit.

stratamania said:
It's starting to come together. A question on the  bridge humbucker shouldn't it be the other way around ?

You know I am not a 100% confidant that I got it right but all I have read says the screw side is the hot side and to orientate the bridge one closes to the bridge and neck one closest to the neck. I am open to changing if I am wrong. :dontknow:

AutoBat said:
protip: 4000x3000 images are about 3x larger than most users can view.  shrink them pls. tnx.

Dam those were huge!! I shrunk them so hopefully that works better.  :doh:

Surf n Music said:
stratamania said:
It's starting to come together. A question on the  bridge humbucker shouldn't it be the other way around ?

You know I am not a 100% confidant that I got it right but all I have read says the screw side is the hot side and to orientate the bridge one closes to the bridge and neck one closest to the neck. I am open to changing if I am wrong. :dontknow:

Which side are the wires coming out ? normally they would be at the bottom towards the control cavity.

Which side are the wires coming out ? normally they would be at the bottom towards the control cavity.
[/quote]

Then I think I'm good. They are coming from the bottom on the control cavity side. I did buy zebra and reverse zebra so I think that is the look I got  :icon_smile:

A couple more trinkets arrived today. I ordered some canary control knobs with a little abalone inlay. The neck is canary with canary fretboard, no front inlays but abalone side markers. I think it will look good together :toothy12:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    397 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    419.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    400.8 KB · Views: 8
Hmmmmm...it's your guitar, but....those knobs? On the other hand, the canary neck is gonna look stunning with that color body!

Great Ape said:
Hmmmmm...it's your guitar, but....those knobs? On the other hand, the canary neck is gonna look stunning with that color body!

Hahah ya we will see when  get the neck on. It can always be changed, I thought maybe little accents for the neck will look good but we will find out for sure in a few weeks.

A piece of canary wood arrived in the mail in the form of a neck!!!!  :hello2: Will start putting it all together the next few days  :icon_biggrin:

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    258.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 25
stratamania said:
Nice, and under five weeks I think :)
Thanks guys! I am sooo stoked! Turned out better then I hoped. I ordered it Feb, 28th so a bit under 4 weeks. I gotta say Way to go Warmoth and excellent job!!! I got my fret files, 3m polishing pads and wet/dry sand paper.  Gonna make these frets smooth and shinny and give this neck a mirror finish!!  :toothy10:

Well I filed and polished the frets.  My camera isn't to good but they are shinny and the ends are a lot smoother against my fingers. Gonna play much better. Some before and after pics.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    279.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    282.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    255.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    251.9 KB · Views: 12
I didn't have anything to do with it arriving under five weeks, I just remembered you mentioned it earlier.  But in any case kudos to Warmoth.

No finish on Canary. Speeds things up considerably. Actually, he probably should have gotten it quicker. The Canary neck on the L5S below shipped in 3 weeks.

Back