7 1/4" - 9.5" Compound Radius!

MFTech

I've always liked the Warmoth Compound Radius, but I find 16" a bit too flat at the upper region...  It would be nice if they offered a less dramatic compound such as  7 1/4"- 9.5"  or  9.5"- 12" .     USACG does it & it's very popular.

I guess those would be nice, but why do you find 16" too extreme up there? You're not usually doing a lot of full bar chords way up on the 19th fret anyhow, are you? I don't see the advantage to a small radius in the higher frets. 9.5-12 might be nice I guess.

you can get that - they'll do it.

Personally... straight 12 works ok, but then again, just a bit higher strings and 7-1/4 works for me too. 

-CB- said:
you can get that - they'll do it.

Personally... straight 12 works ok, but then again, just a bit higher strings and 7-1/4 works for me too. 

Great!... Need to order a neck in a few days, will have to ask them about it.   

The only compound radius offered by Warmoth is 10-16.

If you think you'd like a 7.25-9.5 compound, then order a straight 9. Anyone would be hard pressed to actually feel the difference between the two.

i'd like to see how a compound radius is done. i'm sure producing a diferent one wouldn't bee an easy task, and i agree with gregg, err somewhat. the diference between 7" and 9" is more notable than say maybe 9 and 12 and probably even 10 to 16 but really i can't think of an advantage over a straight radius. it's still not flat enough to help your bends a whole lot. i'm all for more options but is the money/effort worth the results? how many people will actually order it?

Gregg -

I thought you guys could set that radius to any straight, or compound between the limits of its travel?  Didn't you USED to offer that?

my Parker has a  10"-13" conical form - I love how it feels. I can't wait to see the difference between that and 10"-16"

-CB- said:
Gregg -

I thought you guys could set that radius to any straight, or compound between the limits of its travel?  Didn't you USED to offer that?
Warmoth can do 9"-16" straight radiuses in half inch increments but the only compound always has been 10-16.

Back