2nd Warmoth build, 'Vicki-the-V'

Updown

Hello all  :icon_biggrin:

My 2nd Warmoth build

'Vicki-the-V' ...... Special Edition - V

Finally finished her, after all the stuffing around with the finish on her body…….. enough said on that point !!  :sad:
All thou …. this was the 3rd time doing a finish on her.

Anyway, pretty stock standard.

Neck specs …. from showcase

V Neck,  Maple & Maple fretboard with (factory) Vintage Tint Satin Nitro finish.
10-16 Radius, Standard Shape Neck.
Nut... Graph Tech TUSQXL, black                             
Stainless Steal Frets SS6115
Tuners … Sperzel Trim-Lok, black

Body specs……. from showcase

Mahogany with (Microberlinia Brazzavillensis) as a laminated top, commonly know as Zebrawood.
Rear Routed.
Wilkinson Tremolo VS100
2 x Seymour Duncan TS-1's Triple shots.
2 x Seymour Duncan Pickups, Humbuckers……'59 Model        (Neck)
                                                                     Dimebucker   (Bridge)
2 Volume & 1 Tone, 1 Toggle
Speed Knobs & Position Pointers
Gripper Strap Buttons.
Strings, Fender Nickel-plated Bullets .010---.046
All cavities painted with conductive paint & earthed + control cavity cover plate.
V body finished with, some Yellow Shellac, then final coats with clear Satin Polyurethane.

Ended up going Satin finish, as nothing else I have is & that the neck, was all Satin finished already.
Just suited it better as all Satin.

When I redid the top I had to sand right back to bare wood, as something I was using just didn't want to set / cure dry. (Only on the top)
After doing this (sanding back) it left the yellow that was on the Zebra lamb / top, with some yellow still on it, along the edges.
Then sprayed the lot with just the clear satin poly, which gave it a different look, sort of a 'binding' around the edge.
This of cause, occurred all by mistake !!

Has an interesting grain, when looking at it from different angles, it kind-of changes colour & texture.

This was the 3rd attempt at the finish  :doh:  …..& if that didn't work that time it was….
Gunna be tied to the toe-ball on the back of my 1 ton ute & then be driven up & down the local freeway at 120 clicks.  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: 

May-be…I should have done that anyway, just might have given, a great unusual looking affect to the V.   :sign13:

Added my own touch to the speed knobs, by grinding down the inside shaft by about 3mm which gives a white ring in the middle.
(Oppps …. just gave away that secret)   :doh:

Plays very well with some pretty nice settings using the Triple Shots, these do work very well indeed !
With some nice sounding pickups (SD's) really like the '59 Model
Both have some nice punch to them. Nice sustain !!    I'm happy.  :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin:

Sounds like my Gibson LP not quite as beefy thou but along those lines.

This will be great for getting to those high notes & especially for some slide playing. Oh Yeah…..   :icon_biggrin:

Most of my music etc is done in a home studio & I do sit & play quite a lot, so….
Sitting down playing is Ok for a while, but have added the strap to make it even easier.
I should have thought of that, but thought I'd try one out anyway.

Anyhow…..looks cool hanging in the studio.  :icon_thumright:

Cheers ….. Updown    :blob7:                                                                                                                                                                                            

P.S ............  Really sorry if anyone takes offence to my 'Vicki-the-V' ..... Actually come to think of it.... 'To Bad'

Showing off her V
964ea7af.jpg

Trying to show the edging
3e7cbc8a.jpg

e17dfd15.jpg

1a060d61.jpg

735e05cd.jpg

bb911f74.jpg

b9e87b16.jpg

8c066e1b.jpg

Trying to show the 'white outs' in the knobs
11214217.jpg

9bc2a2f8.jpg

Ready for action
383dc8e6.jpg

There is such a nice finish on that body!  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Death By Uber Phallus said:
There is such a nice finish on that body!  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

I agree - very smooth.  It's a tasty axe, to be sure. 

I suppose my one critique would be the chick's hindquarters on the trem spring cover plate.  Seems kinda redundant - a flying v is pretty much the embodiment of rock'n'roll sexiness anyway, why tart it up with a picture of some generic hot chick's caboose (unless she's a chick you actually know, which seems possible...).

I love the trem cover,  but even without it, that's an awesome looking axe. the trem cover stays reguardless of your personal relationship with said ass

Another stunning guitar!

It made me wonder though, has anyone thought to try a standard Strat output where the Warmoth standard is located? Is there enough body thickness?

It seems to me that the angle the plug enters the Strat output would make sense in that location, nearly paralleling the lower wing.

I may want to try that. My most recent obsession is making a Warmoth V as much like the Brutal Legend V, if anyone is familiar with the game.

Back