24 3/4 conversion strat take two

Omg, I took the tip off, as far as you know this-never-happened! :eek: :icon_biggrin: I feel so dirty!  :laughing3:

But really, it didn't feel right. The superswitch came with both tele and strat tips. Rather than throw the tele tip away, I'll just keep adding parts to it in the future, eventually a completed tele will emerge.  :laughing7: :laughing7:

fuzznut said:
Omg, I took the tip off, as far as you know this-never-happened! :eek: :icon_biggrin: I feel so dirty!  :laughing3:

But really, it didn't feel right. The superswitch came with both tele and strat tips. Rather than throw the tele tip away, I'll just keep adding parts to it in the future, eventually a completed tele will emerge.  :laughing7: :laughing7:
And a plan emerges... :icon_biggrin:

Well, here it is so far, of course I have to finish it. Several of weeks ago I sprayed a couple coats of lacquer on a neck and my wife wanted to kill me for "stinking up the house".  :tard: So I have to wait until it is warm outside to do the finish in the unheated garage. For now, I'll just play it!  :bananaguitar: The neck is a 24.75" that I had and tru-oiled. I'm going to sand off the stuff and lacquer it, plenty of room for buildup under the SS6100 frets. I put the unconnected EMG in there just to fill the hole.  :glasses10:

Well, I like it. I also like the combo amp made out of an old Fractal unit. What did you use for an amp and speaker in there?

Cagey said:
Well, I like it. I also like the combo amp made out of an old Fractal unit. What did you use for an amp and speaker in there?

Thanks! Didn't like the "amp in the room" sound with FRFR, So I stuffed the guts of a Peavey classic 50 into a princeton chassis. No cab sims, and most of the time no PA sims. It kills with the G12H-30 70th anniv UK model speaker!  :guitarplayer2:

Interesting. One of my brothers keeps saying Fractal (or somebody) should do pretty much that.

No it's just an experiment to see if I can hear a difference. I have brass on the lower 3 strings and stainless on the top 3. I haven't changed strings yet but when I do I'll swap the saddles around.

Black grain filler and then sealed that by spraying a coat of 1lb cut garnet shellac. Now I have to "stringed instrument lacquer" it. Finally will have a weekend that's not rainy and the humidity will be low. The bare wood overall looked almost green, and warmed up a little with the shellac, but I will have to tone the lacquer.

First time spraying lacquer, from a gun anyway. I wanted a reddish- brown burst, and mixed some red dye in with the brown, but red took over lol. It looks a lot redder than the pic shows.

Nice job of spraying. I like the color. A little redder, as you say it is, wouldn't hurt it at all.

I like it! Nice job!

Curious what you're using as a body holding stand.

Cagey said:
I like it! Nice job!

Curious what you're using as a body holding stand.

It's an ancient, like 50s or 60s, mike boom stand. Cast iron base is heavy as hell.

Rgand said:
Nice job of spraying. I like the color. A little redder, as you say it is, wouldn't hurt it at all.
100% agree! Nice job, and a little more red wouldn't change my mind one bit!  :icon_thumright:

fuzznut said:
Cagey said:

Thanks! Didn't like the "amp in the room" sound with FRFR, So I stuffed the guts of a Peavey classic 50 into a princeton chassis. No cab sims, and most of the time no PA sims. It kills with the G12H-30 70th anniv UK model speaker!  :guitarplayer2:

:rock-on:

Man BK sure is purty. Not my choice of colors but not my guitar either.

Nice work, I notched a couple timbers with a skil saw and chisel a few months ago and boy was that tedious. Didnt make near enough cuts.  Thinking about putting a tummy cut in my tele build.

I have an 11Rack and feel much the same about the FRFR speakers. I keep trying to make it work though out of principle.

swarfrat said:
Man BK sure is purty. Not my choice of colors but not my guitar either.

Wasn't my choice either.  :tard: Was trying for more of a tobacco sunburst.

Back