2019 Esquire Build

LoxFL

This is a Esquire I built in 2019

- Warmoth Swamp Ash Vintage Telecaster body finished in Daphne Blue
- Warmoth Vintage/Modern 22 fret Maple neck with bonus flame finished in vintage gloss
  - 1 3/4 TUSQ Nut
  - 10/16 Compound Radius
  - SS6105 Frets
- Warmoth .09" Solid White Gloss pick guard
- 1950B JonesyBlues Bridge Pickup
- Relic Vintage Tuners
- Relic Fender Vintage bridge with brass barrels
- All other hardware Tele Cup, String Tree, Control Plate, knobs are all equally medium relic
- Wiring is vintage correct with...
    - Position 1 is a dark bass with no tone control
    - Position 2 bypasses the tone for a wide open sound
    - Position 3 has tone control

enhance

enhance

Looks real good, but why 22 frets?
You obviously went for a vintage look and wiring, yet no Esquire ever had 22 frets.

Street Avenger said:
You obviously went for a vintage look and wiring, yet no Esquire ever had 22 frets.

Vintage sound yes 100%, hence the hand made lacquer dipped pickup and vintage correct wiring, but not 100% vintage look or feel. Even if it was 21 frets its still a 1 3/4 nut with a 10/16 compound radius which isn't vintage at all. I could have done 21 frets with a 1 5/8 nut and a 7.25 radius but then I wouldn't have been able to play it so what would the point of that be? Then I would just be "that guy" that builds or collects guitars just to look at them.

LoxFL said:
Street Avenger said:

Vintage sound yes 100%, hence the hand made lacquer dipped pickup and vintage correct wiring, but not 100% vintage look or feel. Even if it was 21 frets its still a 1 3/4 nut with a 10/16 compound radius which isn't vintage at all. I could have done 21 frets with a 1 5/8 nut and a 7.25 radius but then I wouldn't have been able to play it so what would the point of that be? Then I would just be "that guy" that builds or collects guitars just to look at them.
Yeah, there's no way I'm doing a 7.25 radius. Of course the radius is not something that one can really see.

And in other news in another thread, there is someone planning to radius a modern construction neck to 7.25 or 7.5".

Each to their own...

Back