2 new bass builds

look cool.  What is around the bottom of the neck?  It may be just the angle.

Looks to me like the neck is just laid in place rather than bolted in, so you're seeing part of the pocket.

That is one beautiful body!

Cagey said:
Looks to me like the neck is just laid in place rather than bolted in, so you're seeing part of the pocket.

That is one beautiful body!

I think its a neck thru

Got the matching headstock overlay on ( curly koa) and did final sanding .  Now with 2 rounds of french polish  She's really starting to look nice

Attachments

• 2 coats FP 10 30 14 sm.jpg
    2 coats FP 10 30 14 sm.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 22
Thanks for the kind words.  These two are the last for a while
. An old lady plowed into me on my motorcycle, she never hit the brakes!  Impact at 50mph, I was doing about 5, just pulling into a shop. Ive been in the hospital for a month and still cannot walk.      BE SAFE! People are not paying attention out there

greywolf said:
An old lady plowed into me on my motorcycle, she never hit the brakes!  Impact at 50mph, I was doing about 5, just pulling into a shop. Ive been in the hospital for a month and still cannot walk.      BE SAFE! People are not paying attention out there

Damn.

I had heard about such things since forever, but sorta relegated them to anecdotes until I had a bike back some years ago and found out first hand that it's absolutely true. People don't see you for some reason, or don't assign any importance to your existence. You could be singing down the road and you would see people look directly at you and pull right out in front of you as if there was no such thing as mass or inertia. I somehow managed to never get into a serious accident, but lord knows it was frighteningly close too often.

As for never walking again, don't let the doctor(s) psych you out. It doesn't even take determination; you just have to believe in your heart that it's not true. It may take a while, but nothing succeeds like perseverance. But, even that's not good enough - it implies you have to work at it. You have to know that you can walk. Might not be able to do it well at first, but you can do it. You always have done it, you'll do it again. Don't let anybody tell you you can't do something - you'll internalize it and it'll become a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Theoretically, I'm not supposed to be able to walk. But, I do. Won't be winning any foot races anytime soon, but how often do you enter those?  :icon_thumright:

Holy shit. I've been terrified of motorcycles for a long time, I was into it for a while but eventually looked around and saw... I was the only one of my crew who hadn't dumped or been dumped. And now with these goddam "S.U.V." warfare TANKS that people are into... I'm in a friggin' Toyota Camry and I still don't feel safe, people ought to be taxed-by-the-pound, no ifs and or buts. The second-absolute worst situation is some dimwit housewife driving around in the hugest Expedition or Escalade hubby bought her to be "safe"... can't even park the damn thing, much less figure out THE REARVIEW MIRRORS. And then there's the teens....  :sad1:

What are they saying to you? (private if desired) And where are you and what insurance? I know legalese quite well and have learned my way around insurance matters (the shitty way) and if there's ANYTHING I can help with, go PM and let me know. There is absolutely NOTHING that compares to the feeling of being in a wheelchair and wondering.... just staring at it.

The doc visit yesterday was a mixed bag , healing well but another month  in the rehab center before I can go home , probably 3 more months till fully mended.  I'll be walking around by April .  I'm pushing 60 and the old bones just don't heal as quick.  Therapy is going well and getting stronger every day. 

Spending time designing new instruments, and planning for a quieter future

Back