YEAH!!! At last! My first Warmoth!

Ok, thanks for the extra info, although my common sense does stretch that far! :icon_biggrin: That book could be handy though, I'll see if I can find one here.

And I didn't know about waxing the screws... What kind of wax should that be?

I forget one more thing to do before the paint job too: drill holes for my flush mount strap locks. But that shouldn't be a problem I suppose.

14984_1.gif

And I didn't know about waxing the screws... What kind of wax should that be?

That would be earwax. Great stuff and you do two jobs at once!  :laughing7:

No, any candle wax will do although I stay away from scented just because I don't want any staining issues. Just a small amount on the first part is enough. Friction will do the rest.

Hey the first pics of this project are missing. Any updated of the full shots?

Nice! You couldn't have asked for a better grain to go with the scalloping.

emmaporkchop said:
Nice! You couldn't have asked for a better grain to go with the scalloping.

+1!

I would bet the red grain in the macassar goes really well with the bloodwood neck.  That reminds me, let's see a pic of the back of the neck!

Is it just the picture angle or is the scalloping like really deep at the 19th and 20th frets? anyways, the Guitar looks NICE.

Yeah, I've overdone the scalloping a bit, but the 19th and 20th fret are not deeper than #18.

I was very busy lately, but next week I'll finish the neck, and will send the body for a paint job! You'll get some new pictures then... ;)

just wondering, how did you route the body for the trem king?  did warmoth do it or did you personally drill it?  if warmoth, which trem did you pick for the pre-drill?

keep posted about how she plays.

Back