Yay! new member to my (non warmoth) family!

m4rk0

Epic Member
My 6th Fender Heartfield! I love these things!!

'91 in crimson red transparent
Honduran Mahogany body and (set)Neck
Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard!!!
24.75" scale neck
Seymour Duncans '59 in the neck and Pearly Gates in the bridge, I also have the original pickups!
plays and sounds great! a lot like my Heartfield Elan I

July182009010.jpg

July182009018.jpg

July182009025.jpg

July182009027.jpg

headstock is a bit rough, but can easily be touched up
July182009017.jpg

July182009011.jpg

I took the pickguard off to see if it looks any better, but already put it back on.. maybe I'll order a cream pearloid one..
July182009002.jpg

with my kiddo
July182009007.jpg

and the rest of the family
July182009001.jpg

that is SWEET!  I am not real familiar with those...I now will be!!! :laughing3:

Seems like a cool body...SET neck from fender?!?!?!

Maybe WARMOTH should think about producing it!!! :icon_thumright:

nice looking collection there!

Thanks, and yes, they are great, and pretty rare!
I would love to see one of those with a korina body and rosewood neck!!!!!

the heartfields are mosly known for the talons, but the other models are even nicer, I especially love my Elan, which is the one on the front on the pic below:

June292008002.jpg

not really cheap unfortunately., they have become more and more collectable over the past 5 years.
but they are still a steal for the quality you are getting!

There are so many great "wierd" guitars, great Japanese guitars, (now) great Korean guitars, great off-name Fenders and Gibsons, great pawnshop surprises... look, if the neck's straight and comfortable, the frets are good, the tuners tune and the pickups pick up, the rest is up to you....  :hello2:

The only reason Strats and Les Pauls achieved iconic status is because that's what was there, back then. I'll say it again - if Ibanez had released the RG in 1953 and Fender had released the Telecaster in 1990, which old guitars would be "worth" $50,000? :cool01:

Very nice Markoooooo, quite a nice array of interesting Fenders you got there..... :icon_thumright:

I've played all of those sans the new one, which I'll play soon, as soon as I break in to marko's house. They play amazing, and marko is right, for what they cost, the qualitiy is amazing.

I had a red Talon just like the one in your pic, only I replaced the pickups while I had it around 1992/1993.  It played wonderfully, I just didn't care for the cheap stock pickups.

Right, the talon I and II have fender pickups, while the III and up have dimarzio distortions.
My Talon III is my favorite! sounds great as it is. as you can see I am in the process of changing the pickups on the Red Talon I :) have been for over a year now :)

Wana,
The Heartfield EX is probably more your type :) its a bit of a mix between the talon and the RR
its the only model I don't have and extremely rare! unfortunately there is one on ebay right now for the first time in years, and I am out of money :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heartfield-EX-By-Fender-MIJ-Japan_W0QQitemZ110414300804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b5348684&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

CRAP i really want it :(
GAL1-5.jpg

BODY2.jpg

yeah then I went back to talk to the guy.. he wanted like 450 for that talon... he's was drunk.

Geez, they're $300 on the 'bay... If ever there was a deal on setnecks, this looks like it. Fender's Japan production line had great quality control, when Fender re-organized they actually had them inscrutable Orientals* come over and teach the Americans how to not be such ice cream fuckups.** If I was a risk-taking, "edgy" investor, this looks like a somewhat better investment than General Motors stock.
At the very, very least, it'd sound better..... :party07:

*(I know, I know already, shaddup)  :help:
** :icon_tongue: :laughing8: :eek:ccasion14:

This is my favorite of all of the Heartfield line.  If it's in excellent shape, the $400.00 that it is currently at is likely well worth it.

Markoooooo said:
Wana,
The Heartfield EX is probably more your type :) its a bit of a mix between the talon and the RR
its the only model I don't have and extremely rare! unfortunately there is one on ebay right now for the first time in years, and I am out of money :(
http://cgi.ebay.com/Heartfield-EX-By-Fender-MIJ-Japan_W0QQitemZ110414300804QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item19b5348684&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A10|66%3A2|39%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

CRAP i really want it :(
GAL1-5.jpg

BODY2.jpg

^
Ohhhhh, nice...... :icon_thumright:

I like the 2 singles put together like a hum.. :laughing7:

Back