Wouldnt you just rather see Yngwie Malmsteen Sweep-pick?

jerryjg

:guitarplayer2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzW8fi8z5C8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS_IYe5JTZ4

Personally, I rather NOT see Yngwie, period, especially now that he's all muffin-top in his leather pants....

When I moved to US, I learned that not too many
American guitarists liked Yngwie.
I don't get it... is it the speed? or his sound?

Okay, he is not on the top of my list.
But I still think that he is an amazing guitarist.

I would like to learn to relax my right hand like that when playing fast...

"it's very bluesy"

...uh huh... :icon_scratch:

I saw him once at the dallas guitar show. he had to have security clear a path for him to get to the stage. people were going nuts. it was ridiculous.
all i saw was a guy who really loved his theory.

NLD09 said:
"it's very bluesy"

...uh huh... :icon_scratch:

I saw him once at the dallas guitar show. he had to have security clear a path for him to get to the stage. people were going nuts. it was ridiculous.
all i saw was a guy who really loved his theory.

I was there.... and really enjoyed it!

He's a great guitarist, but he could stand to take some lessons from Dave Gilmour. Just for some balance.

I'm sure I'm wrong but everything past his first album seems redundant. I like some songs from that and that's all the Yngwie I could ever need.

dbw said:
God, he got fat...

Uuuggghhh what   :icon_scratch:  I'm thinking in this case his playing>his personal appearance

...and why does Yngwie need to change anything? Will sweep picking make him more accepted in main stream music? Love the guy or hate him he has a style and sound all his own.  

its ok for chickenbucketface to look like an idiot, but its not ok for Yngwie to look fat!!!! :eek:;)

Mark O said:
its ok for chickenbucketface to look like an idiot, but its not ok for Yngwie to look fat!!!! :eek:;)
He knows it, too. That's why he always uses touched-up pics of himself for any promotional purpose.

I don't care if he looks like Jabba the Hutt and acts like a drunk Axl Rose, I listen to his music.

Some of it I like, some of it I don't like, but I've never stopped being a fan.  :icon_thumright:

T50 said:

It's not his speed or technique... those are flawless.  His tone is normal 80's metal fare.  It's his boring-ass music that I don't like.  I would love it if Yngwie were my guitar teacher, but I don't want to listen to his crappy albums.  :p

dbw said:
T50 said:

It's not his speed or technique... those are flawless.  His tone is normal 80's metal fare.  It's his boring-ass music that I don't like.  I would love it if Yngwie were my guitar teacher, but I don't want to listen to his crappy albums.  :p

^^Quoted for undeniable truth. 

-Mark

I love listening to Malmsteen. For one song. Then I need to forget about him for a month so that the next time I hear one of his songs it's interesting again. And this from a guy who loves pure technical mucis and classical.

GoDrex said:
He's a great guitarist, but he could stand to take some lessons from Dave Gilmour. Just for some balance.

I'm sure I'm wrong but everything past his first album seems redundant. I like some songs from that and that's all the Yngwie I could ever need.
Well put.  It seems that hes been doing variations on the same theme.  A big dash of melodic Gilmour-esque would do wonders.

chickenbucketface is too ridiculous for me to give him any credit for anything without feeling sick

quote THAT for undeniable truth, why don't ya

Back