Wouldnt you just rather see Yngwie Malmsteen Sweep-pick?

If I could play like that I'd do it in tasteful bursts of badassness, like EVH, or John Frusciante...

I was into him back in the 80's, got Rising Force right as I graduated form High School in '84, then came Marching Out, still cool, but with more vocals.  Then Trilogy, same thing different singer, I though he had something hopeful with Joe Lynn Turner when he did Odyssey, & that's when I left off.  I've got a couple of CD's since then like Live in Leningrad (Video) Eclipse & Fire & Ice.  I though parts of Eclipse were ok.  I played Fire and Ice once, and it's been packed away since.

It's just the same exercises over and over again to me.  His songwriting is built around his soloing instead of making a solo fit the convictions of a song.  I can listen Neal Schon and Gary Moore play all day long because they can make one note say what Yngwie can't cay with a thousand.  If he stretched himself as a songwriter, and held back with the note density & played with less sweeps, I'm sure even he could find some fresh inspiration.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
It's just the same exercises over and over again to me.  His songwriting is built around his soloing instead of making a solo fit the convictions of a song.  I can listen Neal Schon and Gary Moore play all day long because they can make one note say what Yngwie can't cay with a thousand.  If he stretched himself as a songwriter, and held back with the note density & played with less sweeps, I'm sure even he could find some fresh inspiration.

/thread  :icon_thumright:

Back