Would you accept bad quality from Warmoth? Picture included

Would you pay full price for this?

• No. It's below standard

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Yes, It's not a big deal for full price

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Axl12

I recently received my custom order from Warmoth with this nice surprise. The Floyd Rose route has a tear out, painted over and not mentioned with my order. I reached out to Warmoth and spoke with Spike and Jeff. Only solution was offered a 10 day return!!! I live in Australia. Guess it's my last order...
Thought??
See Picture

Attachments

• Forum.jpg
    Forum.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 462
I wouldn't consider that (being in a concealed area to be of concern.
If it were in a non covered area and visible to all, then I would raise a fuss.

Considering that not everyone uses a tremolo cover it could be exposed. That should never have left the factory. It sucks that it will take so long to get it replaced but I would never except that.

Granted, that should have never left the factory. But I hardly see it's anything to whine about... :dontknow:

DangerousR6 said:
Granted, that should have never left the factory. But I hardly see it's anything to whine about... :dontknow:

Paying the Full price with the poor exchange for Aud dollar to USD and the hefty shipping price to receive the Friday afternoon best. Please!

Well conversions/exchange rates shouldn’t matter.  The W has no control over that.  Shipping? The W has no control over where you live and ordered from.

I’d approach it outside those items.  They seem to have offered that though not to your liking.  I guess the question is what is that imperfection worth to you?
See about a credit and keep it?
If a price could be agreed to, you avoid points 1 and 2. 

To me it is not a normally visible area it in no way affects the playability or sound a non issue.  I take care of my guitars but I play them they all have their imperfections and idiosyncrasies that develop over time. They all have clouds of scratches from frequent play and dirt  and wear on the fretboard from play.  If I wanted a flawless diamond I would not do so much of the work myself.

TBurst Std said:
Well conversions/exchange rates shouldn’t matter.  The W has no control over that.  Shipping? The W has no control over where you live and ordered from.

I’d approach it outside those items.  They seem to have offered that though not to your liking.  I guess the question is what is that imperfection worth to you?
See about a credit and keep it?
If a price could be agreed to, you avoid points 1 and 2.

The first points was to illustrate the cost involved and the belief it's was? paying the extra for their quality.
They will Not offer a credit unless returned in 10 days. which is impossible for me.
I repair guitars  on the side and it's unacceptable for me to charge my customers for poor routing, why are they excused??

For my part I would certainly take note of that and make a crooked eyebrow at it, but if I liked the rest of the body I probably wouldn’t think too much more of it. I am surprised that it wouldn’t have at least triggered a phone call or e-mail, but ultimately not something that would give me too much heartburn. But that’s me, and clearly you are understandably disappointed. Sorry to hear about the defect! I hope the rest of the build is good for you and that becomes a small footnote to a killer axe.

for a fair point, I think if you find 10 days not enough to send it back from Au , try to ask a longer time period.

I believe you have 10 days to make a request for an RMA, then 15 days to ship it back after the RMA is issued.

YE GODS. You are whining about that little nick? Assemble the guitar and play the damn thing. I guarantee you it won't affect the playability or the sound.

AirCap said:
YE GODS. You are whining about that little nick? Assemble the guitar and play the damn thing. I guarantee you it won't affect the playability or the sound.
Would you pay full price for a car with scratch or a dint? Would you be happy paying full price for a sandwich with a small bite out of it? I think you are missing the point!

If the muffler was scratched on the bottom side, it wouldn't faze me.

If it had been keyed down the side from front quarter panel, doors, to rear quarter panel, of course I'd raise a stink.

Would you pay full price for a car with scratch or a dint? Would you be happy paying full price for a sandwich with a small bite out of it? I think you are missing the point!

The point I get is that you are a whiny drama queen. That nick means NOTHING.

To answer your original question, no, I would not accept bad quality from Warmoth. But, I wouldn't consider this a quality issue.

For all practical purposes, it's an invisible blemish that affects nothing. Once it's put together, it'll be a fine instrument.

You wanna see hidden ugliness, visit a nude beach sometime :laughing7:

Cagey said:
To answer your original question, no, I would not accept bad quality from Warmoth. But, I wouldn't consider this a quality issue.

For all practical purposes, it's an invisible blemish that affects nothing. Once it's put together, it'll be a fine instrument.

You wanna see hidden ugliness, visit a nude beach sometime :laughing7:
:toothy12:

I'd be pissed. W should have said something beforehand. Maybe sent some pics and asked if this would be acceptable with a bit of a discount. If not then it becomes a screamin deal. B stock stuff pops up in there once in a while. It would have been the right thing to do. How many people had to have seen that and passed it down the line? That's not cool. I'm unaware of the full situation but it kinda seems like an integrity issue.

I recently got one guitar together with a similar body chip in the pickup cavity edge. Not visible at all now but I think it and this particular body could have gone to "Screamin Deals" in the showcase in all fairness. Warmoth has been good previously about noting the imperfections in the occasional item that has one. I did get one Universal Route on a showcase body at my request once that was a tad rough where I thought "C'mon guys...." My necks and other bodies have all been good. I can sort of see both sides here. If Aaron is lurking it may be worth a mention at the big W to just let people know about anything prior to shipping.

Yes, it would be possible to assemble it and be perfectly playable. But to me, it is a little bit of a concern that many guitarists have become used to accepting dings and dents or flaws on a new instrument or part as it might get scratched in any case. Of course, that is a personal choice and not a reflection on any individual but more a comment on QC in the industry and care in retail stores.

My take is that if it was a screaming deal and priced appropriately it would be functional and the buyer would have a choice to have bought the part or not.

What I would do is contact Warmoth, and explain that whilst it may be OK with others it does not meet your expectations and agree on an RMA, taking into account the shipping times etc. Or probably more practical as you have already paid a fair amount of shipping and import charges etc would be to see if Warmoth are willing to give a credit note or price adjustment.

Give them a call via Skype or something which is cost effective.

Stay calm and most people are more helpful if you can work with them to find a solution that works for both sides.

Finally what I would not do is to post on here and TGP for opinions. This is a trend that is getting a little out of hand on forums...in some cases, the person has not even contacted the retailer or supplier at all.

Back