Woody

Space_cowboy

This one is a bit of a mutt. I suppose one could call it a Telemaster. It's a Jazzcaster maple chambered body with a wenge top. The neck is wenge with a purpleheart fretboard in a Gibson scale. I did a paste wax finish with a beeswax and boiled linseed oil concoction I whipped up myself. She's a bit weighty to be sure, but I expected that. I've got Guilford purpleheart covers coming for the P90'S yet.

I've got two of Bootstrap's new Screwdriver P90'S and an Extra Crispy bridge. It's wired with 500k pots and a .01 tone cap. Volume switch activates series parallel mode and the tone switch puts the middle out of phase.

It's a bit of a tribute to my old nine passenger Pontiac Safari. I parted ways with it to a guy who's doing a full restoration. I sold the car in September and used the proceeds as the budget to build it. I once sold a beautiful Ibanez bass to buy a car so I figured this time I'd go the other way.

Attachments

• PXL_20201012_210409354~2.jpg
    PXL_20201012_210409354~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 405
  • Safari.jpg
    Safari.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 236
Cool! Saw this on Facebook earlier this week. Such a crazy combinations of wood, but it just works.

That's a fine looking amalgamation of parts, and vastly preferable to what you might have wound up with if you'd had a Pontiac Aztek as your inspiration. 

6b8dc5acc373a7cb06f8441fb2820161.jpg

Back