Woodburning on quilted maple Strat

This is one of the most unqiue builds i've ever seen done. I seriously hope you send some pics of this to warmoth and get them to fire it up in the gallery :D

BURNING is COMPLETED...on to the dye...more new territory.
P9190134_zps6af22d89.jpg
P9190133_zpsd78a3867.jpg
P9170137_zpsa6b626bc.jpg
P9170136_zpsc004b8a2.jpg
P9170135_zpsa1c5bc83.jpg
P9170133_zps82d59798.jpg

I agree that this is a spectacular piece of work.  I'm very eager to see how this ends up with a finish on it.

Separately, in a similar and yet very dissimilar vein, I ran across this extremely cool Warmoth tele body - guy's asking 1200 bucks for it, which I hope he gets but doubt he will.  More woodburning wonderfulness.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/custom-warmoth-telecaster-guitar-dino-muradian.html

Link may be NSFW, as the artist reproduces a famous piece of Japanese erotic art on the face of the guitar.

That is an astounding piece of work! I thought I had seen it all when Patriot54 did his "Tat Strat", but the bar has clearly been raised. The level of detail you've gone to is simply phenomenal. I've never seen woodburning like that. Hell, it's rare enough to see drawings that good.

Sincere thanks to you...please know that so many of you on this forum have been a constant source of inspiration for me. Now let's hope I don't effit up in the finishing stage!
                              Greg

¥¶¢#ing hell   :eek:

I think you know what I'm trying to say hear.  :icon_biggrin:

WOW  :kewlpics:

It's been dyed a diluted (alcohol) amber that's given the guitar a sort of honey-gold color--somewhat fitting for a golden eagle. The maple top came out
noticeably deeper in tint than the ash back, which came out a deep yellow/gold. Sealed it today,
and I'll start the Tru-Oil tomorrow...the color is perhaps just a bit unusual-maybe not-but I'm
likin' it...will post pics after 1st TO application.

Y'know, I actually have designed a number of tatoos for friends, though I don't do the actual ink-on-bod work...and, suit yourself, but I wouldn't recommend usin' a woodburning pen on yer arm :icon_biggrin:.

I'm glad you went with amber & mild. There'd be a lot more ways to cover up or diminish the wood burning lines with too much color than there is to enhance it.

hey Great Ape.

I have a kind request.

PLEASE STOP READING/POSTING AND FINISH THAT GUITAR ALREADY!  :icon_jokercolor:

:toothy10:

Dammit, Boy, I'm workin' on it...Neck is ordered, but it's a custom, so it's weeks away...meanwhile--it's got 6-7 coats of Tru-Oil, though the light here this morning is anything but complimentary...TO to continue...
P9260144.jpg
P9260142.jpg

Back