Wolfgang-ish Build

That is FANTASTIC! You're giving me ideas.

How did you cut the body out, with a band saw? I guess the same for the headstock? Never knew one could buy sheets of veneer.

Great project and looking forward to seeing the finalized result.

Last edited:
That is FANTASTIC! You're giving me ideas.

How did you cut the body out, with a band saw? I guess the same for the headstock? Never knew one could buy sheets of veneer.

Great project and looking forward to seeing the finalized result.
Actually my bandsaw is on the blink so I used a jigsaw, then a router to follow my template for the final cut. The headstock i roughed out and used a spindle sander to the line.

The veneer flitch came from veener supplies dot com, as well as some additional supplies. This is my first attempt at it - im curious to see how its going to go.

Photo%20Oct%2005%202022%2C%2012%2023%2053%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2005%202022%2C%2012%2024%2001%20PM.jpg

Very nice guit sir! I like it. Pickups?
Dimarzio Transition (lukather)

Speaking of pickups - they seems to want to lean one way or another. I put foam under them and also a small spring over the screws. Is there a trick to getting them flat?

Dimarzio Transition (lukather)

Speaking of pickups - they seems to want to lean one way or another. I put foam under them and also a small spring over the screws. Is there a trick to getting them flat?
Are the regular springs not strong/long enough to hold them up? Ok sorry I see they are a direct mount! Maybe more rigid foam.

Last edited by a moderator:
A good result, you must be pleased.

It might also be that the springs, if too compressed, are causing the pickup to lean one way or the other. Perhaps either shorten or remove the springs.

Back