Will it fit?

shanejw

Will a Warmoth neck fit on a Jackson Dinky style body?  I was just wondering if the scale was alright if i used a 22 fret neck on it.

What is the scale length of a Dinky?

What is the scale length of the neck you've got?

You need to know this to be certain it will fit and tune properly.

chances are very slim to none....

http://www.warmoth.com/guitar/necks/necks.cfm?fuseaction=faq2

As Telenator said if the scale is correct it will fit. The Jackson Dinky bodies are 25.5 scale, so you could use a Warmoth 25.5 scale or the 24 3/4 scale conversion neck. Jackson neck pockets are the same as Fender strat pockets...

The linked webpage from the Warmoth site listed above has some comprehensive information about neck compatibility.

Take some accurate measurements & have a look at the dimensions of the Warmoth necks. Even some Fender guitars are not compatible, so it really pays to double check before buying.

It's a 25.5 inch scale Dinky body.  I would think a Warmoth neck would fit, I was just curious if anyone had done it.

shanejw said:
It's a 25.5 inch scale Dinky body.  I would think a Warmoth neck would fit, I was just curious if anyone had done it.

Aah, but is it a 25.5 scale 22 fret neck, and not a 24 fret neck.  That's where the posted spec makes distinction. 

Remember, the Warmoth Neck Heel/Pocket spec is based on the Fender American Standard Series spec.  While some Jackson models might follow this spec, many, many other models do not.

I can recall at least 3 different neck pocket specs for the Ibanez Jem and RG series 24 fret necks alone, over the last 20 years, none of which follow the posted Warmoth spec.  Change the number of frets on the neck, regardless of the scale, will likely change the spec. 

Some necks have fingerboard overhang, some do not, just check out some Jems and RG's from 1987 till now, and you'll find inconsistencies in spec.

The earlier ones had a 24 fret extension from the 21st fret on.  Then a year or so later, Ibanez changed it, so the shaft of the neck extended longer so less fingerboard extension was needed.  Several years later, the shaft butts up to the end of the fingerboard and has remained since.  That's just one manufacturer.
Consider now, Jackson, whom has changed ownership and lineup changes several times over the last 20 years, their specs have been revised on the way several times.

All this to say, Always check the specs prior to commiting to any purchase.  Ideally, check it with the manufacturer, ie; Jackson, and then Warmoth.  Many variables may be present in the spec that can throw the compatibility way off, just one spec alone can do that.  We post the spec on the website for that very purpose.

Super Turbo Deluxe Custom said:
Allow me to translate.  "No."

+1.  A few months ago, Gregg pretty much told me that Warmoth necks were not compatible with Jackson bodies.  IIRC, it is the size of the neck pocket.

Back